LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbados?

Barbados?

So my cousin is getting married 4 of July weekend. The wedding is in the Barbados. I never talk to my family here, but maybe I can make a surf trip out of it. Is there even surf in the Barbados? Has anyone been?

that settles it. Ill talk to my family and go for a free vacation.

the wedding is here:

http://www.cobblerscove.com

Images
    theres good surf in barbados if you hit it right. sharp narly bottoms though, but worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhILTAYLOR View Post
    theres good surf in barbados if you hit it right. sharp narly bottoms though, but worth it.

nice. I called the hotel above to make the reservation. Free trip, just gotta deal with family i hate. all good though. ill be back in Kauai in december to see family i like.

July is probably the WORST month for waved in 'Dos unless you get an errant hurricane that takes a Southerly dip as it comes of the African coast. But there's plenty to do other than surfing as well.

I have to ask.... You really wanted to know if there are ANY waves in 'Dos? Ke11y lists Soup Bowl in his top 5 waves.....

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    July is probably the WORST month for waved in 'Dos unless you get an errant hurricane that takes a Southerly dip as it comes of the African coast. But there's plenty to do other than surfing as well.

I have to ask.... You really wanted to know if there are ANY waves in 'Dos? Ke11y lists Soup Bowl in his top 5 waves.....
    With the tradewinds there, the south coast is almost always rideable with something. As said above, July isn't the best month, but you can find waves somewhere. It's a small island, you can drive around the whole thing in about 3 hours. Rent a car and find some surf!

Soup Bowl has waves a lot, but conditions are almost always subpar because of the trades. I was in Barbados in Feb and there were waves in the chest-head range every day on the south coast. Soup Bowl was big and nasty...I wasn't messing with it.

Images
    Is there surf in Barbados? Do Bear's **** in the woods?
    Heck ya, there is surf... Its best in the winter or later in the summer, when the tropics are firing, but either way Barbados is a small island with huge exposure to swells from the NW, N, NE, E, SE, and S. Bring a board, or plan on renting a board, as you will definitely find waves in Barbados.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Jun 11, 2012 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Is there surf in Barbados? Do Bear's **** in the woods?
    Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?

bathsheba - soup bowls is real illy "parlors" is my favorite (best surf in carribean)