LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikester1910 View Post
    Don't understand why members on here are so rude.. All I did was write a testimonial..
    right...and look - the co-founder of the company is also Mike from New Jersey: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mike-shamah/42/607/219

another amazing coincidence - or is that you?

Signed up for SplitShack.com after viewing seeing a forum on another site. They had Hurley Phantom boardshorts (reg $60) for $30 so I decided to try it out.. These guys are 100% legit.. Got my order after 2 weeks (estimated delivery is displayed on the site - worth the wait for the deal) and the merchandise is 100% authentic! Membership is free and you can earn free money for inviting your friends ($5 each) SplitShack.com

Overall pretty good site - the brands and deals keep getting better. Will definitely order again!
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    right...and look - the co-founder of the company is also Mike from New Jersey: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mike-shamah/42/607/219

another amazing coincidence - or is that you?
    I actually just heard about the site and realized that not many people know about it yet so I decided to do a post about it... the cofounder just happens to have the same name as me? I work in the surf industry and know tons of guys named mike..

All I wanted to do was start a discussion about the site.. Its nice to know what other people think of it before making a purchase.

Images
    your a deceitful person trying to make a buck the wrong way..darn good work hanna

Really? All I did was promote the site.. I planned on doing this for other sites but if your going to say **** on all my posts I'll just make a new name

mikewhoeverthe**** You got caught. Go prostitute your self somewhere else you are not wanted here... Nice one Hanna. Ahh the physix thread! An epic read and a painful reminder of what happens when you start thinking you're smarter than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    you registered yesterday to post an ad for your lifestyle apparel site - your post is not-so-cleverly disguised psuedo-testimonial bull****.

and the other post for this site is here: http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...k-surf-website and the poster is morrisk, with same kind of bull**** post. meanwhile, a little trip down Google reveals that Morris Kairey is the owner of the company - what a coincidence. is that your dad?

you know, you might have a decent website and good things to offer, but when you treat people like they're stupid, they're bound to react pretty much like they are reacting here. here's a tip: find the Physix thread, both here and at the Surfer Mag forum, to see where this painfully transparent Astroturf-marketing approach will take you...
    Cheers and well done!

Really? All I did was promote the site.. I planned on doing this for other sites but if your going to say **** on all my posts I'll just make a new name
    The thing is, this isn't really a place to advertise. This is a place for the open discussion of ideas. Schilling a link as a thread topic isn't the same thing. I assume you would have gotten the same treatment in the Foro Magnum and deserved it. When someone puts forth an original project or idea, even if it's for profit; they are typically accoladed here. The promotion of one more clothing site on this board, that does nothing to keep it as a free service via advertising revenue, that's gotten past the point of banal and to the point of annoying. Whether or not you're the proprietor is immaterial, i don't care, I like sales, they're fun and I'm a firm believer in the maxim, you sell the sizzle not the steak. But, this is the equivalent of someone standing in the middle of a busy sidewalk and forcing flyers for new windows on innocent passebys. In my humble opinion, surfers respond to things based on that thing's implied reputation amongst other surfers. Rep means a lot in the surfing world, right? Maybe, I'm wrong. All i know is that companies spend 100's of M a year in advertising, mostly via a symbiotic economic relationship with a professional surfing industry these same companies created to secure their slice of a 30 odd B and growing pie. More power to them. My point being, if I were going to sell something to this finicky bunch of un-heardable cats; I'd do it with the same finesse and subtlety. Get a decent number of posts, put some pics up of my last trip and insert links to my sites when conversation inevitably trends to the same tired topics like, what color 100$ board shorts should I buy, what's the best brand of toilet paper to wipe with while $hi11ing in the line-up or where can I pick up a new Salt Life (I still don't know what this is, but I'm assuming it's why cars rust in the Gulf Coast region, they don't do that on the beach in San Diego) t-shirt. That's when I'd drop right in an hijack that thread, extolling savings to the masses that leave Walmart looking like Nordstroms. Of course, that would also make me more of a pretentious douche nozzle than I already am and in which case Mrs.ZaGaffer would take the kids and few assets the government leases to me, leaving me without a pot to pi$$ in or a bar of sticky bumps with which to wax poetic. So got anything interesting to contribute? I went surfing with my 72 year old father this evening. Old dude still gets some.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Jul 21, 2012 at 06:35 AM.

@swellinfo, can we please ban these spamming kooks. I rather have the asshole trolls then these guys

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chillisurfer View Post
    @swellinfo, can we please ban these spamming kooks. I rather have the asshole trolls then these guys
    Amen to that

I will let the image below speak for itself.