LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Do you surf after a rain?

Just wondering. If so, why and where? If not, why and where?

Images
    yes, but i now have an ear infection from it

Oh man, I try so hard not to. I try to live by the 72 hour rule after a hard rain. I don't care about little showers, but a real rain storm, man that's such bad news. Sometimes after a storm, the water has that look about it, kind of choppy and rough; but with real clean, big ol' breakers just rolling through every so often. How can you resist? I've got 25% hearing in my left ear from infections over the years. I've had MRSA. Nasty sh!1. Rain runoff can be bad news depending on where it's running off from.

yes, i do.

the water was nasty out there today. A few gems to be had, but mostly overhead slop, which is fun when you're in 75 degree water. But yes, waiting for that potential infection to come on after today's sess is not fun, but so far, no signs of it.

Now I know why your local shapers deserve every penny they ask for with ordering a custom board. Trying my hand at it tonight, designing my own board in my basement. Andrew and Brian down at GreenLight have been more than helpful with offering tips during the process when I ask.

Looking forward to an offshore DP in 5 hours to wash off all this foam dust

Ryan

Cool pics. Was a washing machine today, tomorrow AM looks good. I am pretty drunk, to get up or not?

Images
    Before, during and after........my area doesnt have issues like many places with lots of runoff. If there is some that I'm not aware of it's never affected me with any medical issues.

Of course... what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Images
    I only surf after a rain

No way...

....the water is too slippery after a rain. If you're worried about infections i'm sure you can dry out your ear and there has to be some over the counter medicine for swimmers ear you could apply after being in the water as a precaution.

Some info:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/swimm...article_em.htm