LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have three boards and one has to go...which one?

I just bought a 9' 6" Austin Soul Glide and part of the deal with the wife was one of the other two has to go. One is a 6' Firewire Quadfish and the other is a 8' Nolte funboard. Part of me wants to keep the fish so I have something completely different from the longboard, but the other part of me wants to keep the funboard in case something happens to the longboard I'll still have a board with lots of foam.

What would you do?

By the way, I've taken the fish out once and it was an unsuccessful session. I originally bought it for kiteboarding but I've yet to kite on it.

Images
    Keep the fish, ditch the funboard, that way if you want to get into shortboarding you're already set. If the only time you're going to use the funboard is as a backup for the Austin I would say ditch it. I always used to keep a spare board around but I would end up never riding it, it would just collect dust.

Keep the fish. You going to want something smaller for bigger swells. Can't duck dive the Nolte.

Better yet, let me "store" the Nolte for you, wifey will never know...

funboard's gotta go. probably get some coin for it too while its still summer

I say stash one at a friends house. Sometimes what they don't know won't hurt.

Keep the fish

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    Keep the fish, ditch the funboard, that way if you want to get into shortboarding you're already set. If the only time you're going to use the funboard is as a backup for the Austin I would say ditch it. I always used to keep a spare board around but I would end up never riding it, it would just collect dust.
    I'm bumping this because of factuality.

Rob - Congrats on making the Salt Life team. Are you still riding for Oakley? Can you hook me up with some shades?
    Last edited by dlrouen; Jul 25, 2012 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    I'm bumping this because of factuality.

Rob - Congrats on making the Salt Life team. Are you still riding for Oakley? Can you hook me up with some shades?
    Its a salt life bro.

Don't give up any. Make a deal with your wife. Tell her she can have something of equal value. Give and take brother.

Images
    funboards get a bad rap because beginners ride them, but even if you're an experienced surfer, like the name says, they're fun. easy paddling, a lot easier to turn than a longboard, and great for just about any condition. i've got one for those days where i just want to cruise, or if its been flat a while and i'm sick of the log.

see if you can keep all three, tell your wife that the smallest complete quiver a surfer can own consists of 3 boards
    Last edited by ND081; Jul 25, 2012 at 03:33 AM. Reason: typo