LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Va beach shenanigans

If you've got some free time at lunch and wanna see something hilarious check out the croatan/pendelton cam. SUP'er has just taken out 3 shortboarders and they're still dropping in on him. Better than a soap opera. Can't really figure out what anybody is doing in the water, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by havanasand View Post
    If you've got some free time at lunch and wanna see something hilarious check out the croatan/pendelton cam. SUP'er has just taken out 3 shortboarders and they're still dropping in on him. Better than a soap opera. Can't really figure out what anybody is doing in the water, anyway.
    VA Beach? I heard that people "dump" in the water there like it's their job. Dirty South.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    VA Beach? I heard that people "dump" in the water there like it's their job. Dirty South.
    aqua bomb bro.... aqua bomb

its healthy for everyone....

Haha, makes me think of BioDome..."homeostasis, 48%"

Images
    Virginia is not the south... Mason Dixon line be damned Virginians are yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Virginia is not the south... Mason Dixon line be damned Virginians are yankees.
    Richmond (VA) was the capital of the Confederacy during the Civil War. I'm pretty sure that qualifies Virginia as a southern state.

Richmond (VA) was the capital of the Confederacy during the Civil War. I'm pretty sure that qualifies Virginia as a southern state.
    Lol, only to us yankees apparently.

Thanks for saying that haha.

Regarding the comments about the bases in VA Beach (and the rest of VA for that matter), there is a reason for all of that. Say what you will about which state carried the Confederacy, it was VA. The federal government obviously noticed this, in addition to proximity of VA to the U.S. capital. Therefore, after the Civil War, VA (aka Military District 5 if my memory serves me correct) was inundated with federal garrisons. Many were built during the war (siege of Richmond for instance), others expanded (Norfolk/Hampton Roads) and the mark remains to this day. This was to teach the leading state of the Confederacy a lesson in addition to preventing such an event from happening again.

That's at least a reason for the military presence in VA and its oceanfront. Perhaps if VA had been a Yankee state, Pendleton for instance, may not exist.

Haha, one time on that cam, I've seen a bunch of people with foamies trying to catch a wave and about 6 of them all tried to catch the same wave. It seemed like their first intention was to let go of the board when they got on the wave. It was hilarious to watch because after a wave you would see a confetti of foam surfboards launching into the air haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonyz View Post
    It was hilarious to watch because after a wave you would see a confetti of foam surfboards launching into the air haha.
    +1 Confetti...