LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Traction pad problems...

Hey guys I put my first traction pad on a couple of days ago and I accidentally put it way to far up, how can I remove it and put it back on farther back and still go out on dawn patrol tommorow?

Quote Originally Posted by Zman9398 View Post
    Hey guys I put my first traction pad on a couple of days ago and I accidentally put it way to far up, how can I remove it and put it back on farther back and still go out on dawn patrol tommorow?
    This sucks, especially if you're talking about your Stewart. I would peel off the pad and try and re-apply it a few inches from the tail.

Heat it up with a hair dryer and start peeling IMMEDIATELY. The glue on trac pad continues to cure over time and gets harder and harder to get off. Your pad is probably ruined.

Next time mark the placement with a pencil, then put the pad on.

I decided not to take it off and just roll with what I have. Goin on surfin today and doin dawn patrol friday.

Remove the traction pad all together, put more wax on towards the nose, and for gods sakes take that Ron Jon sticker off!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Remove the traction pad all together, put more wax on towards the nose, and for gods sakes take that Ron Jon sticker off!
    ....this.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Why?............

Agreed - remove the traction pad and get rid of the "Ron Jon" sticker. Ron Jon = Salt Life.