LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: blown forecast

I bailed because it was closing out and the board flipped and I landed sitting down on the fin.

Quote Originally Posted by mp1 View Post
    hate to chime in, but... knee high. the swell direction is straight south. watched those waves head straight north. Fifty people in the water this am tho tearing up some knee high junk. maybe they still think this is a chest high wave. ha.
    Lol funny **** is... easternlines in belmar on this site has the waves at 2-4ft fun paddle out. WTF 2-4 ft do they see? I am seeing 1-2ft all morning/day now with 15-20 ppl out lol its a joke. Summer time really brings out the kooks here. I guess its good though. Let them have the small surf and when the big boy stuff comes around no one is to be found.

I stayed in bed There was a wave but... I think the log ruled the day.

Images
    Staying in bed was a good idea. I surfed for 4 hours and scored 4 waves that I considered worth the effort. All the rest were waist high slop and hard to surf slop at that.

Quote Originally Posted by surfingwasteland View Post
    My god, why you gotta make rhody look bad. Not only are you whining before the swell even fills is, you clearly have no idea what tides are. Rhode Island spots, from what I have found, are super detrimental with the tides. One spot will be flat while one just down the street is chest high, keep your eye on it and start driving, and check different tides.

Even better idea, dont look at the forecast, just go check it yourself.
    My god...get off the rag. How am I making rhode island look bad?????????????? Go to Utah! lol I'm the one staying put

Quote Originally Posted by pvjumper05 View Post
    pfffft, OP scores after making this thread. oh bother.

in similar news, solid waist sets coming in with 1-2 chests every 20 minutes or so. real easy waves and some nice long rides on the ones that set up better. a fantastic birthday present from mother nature
    Happy Birthday, homecheese!

Quote Originally Posted by surfingwasteland View Post
    oh and I checked matunuck at about 12pm yesterday when the wind was picking up, easily thigh to waist high with the tide filling in. Green Hill was flat and thats about 3 miles down the road.
    Their both south facing breaks and 3 miles apart. Really quite strange.

8. Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Their both south facing breaks and 3 miles apart. Really quite strange.
    Yes, I just said that... Regardless, there is a million opportunities along the RI coast line to find where the swell is hitting. Take the RI forecast with a grain of salt, know the bouys, know the tides, keep an eye on the wind and give yourself a solid hour to take a drive.

The surf report I do everyday is simply just what the forecast and buoys are saying with some pictures, usually I find waves somewhere.... but in between I find tons of spots that are flat.

cam at 1st beach shows swell...maybe waist w/occ chest. Surfed there this morning...it was decent

Quote Originally Posted by Zman9398 View Post
    I bailed because it was closing out and the board flipped and I landed sitting down on the fin.
    You're lucky it didn't go through your box.