LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What do u mean?

every single leash I have purchased has a tendency to snap. Creatures, etc etc, all snap. I use the 6' comp leashes, but am now using the regular 6' DaKine.

Images
    exactly why i prefer fusion box's

Quote Originally Posted by Zman9398 View Post
    Thanks guys and about how much will it cost
    The repair will be over $100, for sure. Sad, but true.

As far as leashes go, I am a firm believer in Creatures' DNA leashes. I know everyone has their own 2 cents to share on leashes, but I have never had one snap. Bubblegumsurfwax.com has the best Creature DNA prices with free shipping, free bubble gum & free wax with every order.

Oh cool thanks and oh crap I'm broke.

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post

As far as leashes go, I am a firm believer in Creatures' DNA leashes. I know everyone has their own 2 cents to share on leashes, but I have never had one snap. Bubblegumsurfwax.com has the best Creature DNA prices with free shipping, free bubble gum & free wax with every order.
    I've brought 3 of those leashes to Barbados (6' comp) and snapped every one? Maybe I shouldn't use comp leashes anymore.

Images
    looked at ur profile. sorry but you are out of my area. definately take it to a mechanic. Sorry about the break but thankfull the board gave, not you.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
    I've brought 3 of those leashes to Barbados (6' comp) and snapped every one? Maybe I shouldn't use comp leashes anymore.
    You should have a regular or "heavy duty" leash for big, hollow waves. Comp leashes are meant for small, weak waves and will never hold up if you get caught inside on a big day. They are the same price just have a thicker cord, I recommend Stay Covered - best leash I have ever owned.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman9398 View Post
    Oh cool thanks and oh crap I'm broke.
    You surf in Wildwood right? The best ding guy around, in my opinion, is Jamie Kelly. He is located in South Jersey and operates out of the Heritage shop in Ocean City, NJ so you could get in contact with him through Heritage. He fixed a buckle across the deck of one of my boards a while back and it has been perfect ever since, even in heavy winter waves. Reasonable prices and really awesome work. Check out some of his work at http://talesfromthedingshack.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PhILTAYLOR View Post
    but thankfull the board gave, not you.
    ^^This

As far as leashes. OAM and dakine have never let me down. I had a dakine 6' comp leash I used for about 3 years most of the time I surfed then hung it up for another 5. Used it again quite a few times for another year or so then gave it to a neighbor, a beginner. Still holding up 2 years later....