LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Yesterday in OCMD

Just figured I would start a discussion on yesterday (1/30/08) in Ocean City, MD. All I have to say is WOW. This site was forecasting waist to chest high, but I know there were solid shoulder high sets coming through in the afternoon. I hadn't gotten those kinda barrels in a while!! For those of you who missed it....better luck next time. Let me know what everyone else though about yesterday. Also, what is everyone thinking about Saturday?? Only good in the morning or what??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfingOC912 View Post
    Just figured I would start a discussion on yesterday (1/30/08) in Ocean City, MD. All I have to say is WOW. This site was forecasting waist to chest high, but I know there were solid shoulder high sets coming through in the afternoon. I hadn't gotten those kinda barrels in a while!! For those of you who missed it....better luck next time. Let me know what everyone else though about yesterday. Also, what is everyone thinking about Saturday?? Only good in the morning or what??
    if I'm not mistaken the forecast for ocean city, md yesterday was waist to chest with occasional shoulder sets.

" I hadn't gotten those kinda barrels in a while!!"

Well it was what it was,....the forcast was on. But from past experience, I was not really counting on a fast soild build of wind swell over night to produce what we encountered. Of course it has happened before, and it seems to be happening more often as of late,... that we do get a good push out of those types of wind swells.

For those who got on it around noon, you scored I am sure...I even scored leftovers late, and was very happy. I would think that someone out there has to have had a great session shooting pictures as well from the way it looked when I first got there.

Good long lines and they were opening up very nicely. The swell angle really played out well and not to much current to deal with.

Those cams can not tell the true story sometimes.......wish I would have known the truth or I would have been on it when it was really firing off......plenty of waves to go around to.

I was out in DE yesterday. It looked so nice. I messed up my shoulder at work though, so I can't really paddle hard enough.
    But bodyboarding it was nice.

Images
    20th OC was real good from about 9:00 on...some nice ones for me and the guy i was with

Images

Talking

yea ocean city was goin off yesterday luckily i got out of school at 12 for it