LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Nike

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I want a cut!!
    Oh sure, no problem. I'll use the ingenuity and skills I've acquired over 25 years, my capital to seed it and my contacts to develop it and then once it starts generating income and the government takes their cut and I pay off my employees, then take care of my partners I'll be sure to cut you in. I think there's a word for this, but it escapes me right now. ; )

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet. The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

this is not funny how you just think its ok to poke fun at a lonely guy like me. F**k all of you im going back to sleep.call me

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    “If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet. The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”
    breathtaking what happens when you stray off prompter.

Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    breathtaking what happens when you stray off prompter.
    I used it 'cause it's such a center of controversy and so recognizable right now.

You know, the thing is, it's a very true statement in some ways. Every business does rely on the existing infrastructure; be it roads, the education system or the internet. My only issue with it is, the infrastructure wasn't built by the government, it was built by the citizens who contributed the tax base to pay for it. The government was solely the bureaucracy that organized these projects (barely) and then farmed them out to private contractors. All politicians, regardless of party, treat the electorate like sheep to be fleeced.

“If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants.”

I owe a lot to the innovators who came before me, the educators who taught me, the community which raised me, the family that sustains me; but the edifices I raise are by the sweat of my brow. That and nepotism.