LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olympic surfing

One of the many reasons why we are "different"........cheers to that.

Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    Completely agreed. The last thing we need is more surfing on TVs. If surfing was in the olympics I garentee 2 out of 3 husbands would turn to their wives and say, "Gee, honey. That looks fun. Lets try it this summer."

No thank you.
    Yarb. The last thing we need is for surfing to get even more watered-down (no pun intended) with corporate whoredom.

Surfing to me isn't about competition, so I wouldn't care to see it in the Olympics. I think it's much more than a "sport", it's something better, and it can't be defined by one word

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Surfing to me isn't about competition, so I wouldn't care to see it in the Olympics. I think it's much more than a "sport", it's something better, and it can't be defined by one word

to me its all about that and I STILL wouldn't want to see it in the olympics. I remember when they tried to add it to the x-games. what a boring event to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    to me its all about that and I STILL wouldn't want to see it in the olympics. I remember when they tried to add it to the x-games. what a boring event to watch.
    What's ironic is i'm actually very competitive by nature, played sports my whole life, and have a career in sales, but surfing to me is an excape from all that, from everything, it's where I get my mind right so to speak.

I'm more competitive with myself in the water but I did the ESA thing for years and really enjoyed that too.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I'm more competitive with myself in the water but I did the ESA thing for years and really enjoyed that too.
    That's cool, i'm always trying to get better out there, not sure if that's competition with myself or just the desire to be better, but that's about it.