LOGIN | REGISTER

Great Skateboard Idea

Check out this Skateboard I made out of an old water ski. This is the first of three that I found in our shed. You turn it around and make the nose into the kick tail. It rides awesome and has great flex but still plenty stiff. I already had some independant trucks so just bought the wheels and some abec 7 bearings. I'm working on the other 2 just for kicks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by StuckontheGulf View Post
    Check out this Skateboard I made out of an old water ski. This is the first of three that I found in our shed. You turn it around and make the nose into the kick tail. It rides awesome and has great flex but still plenty stiff. I already had some independant trucks so just bought the wheels and some abec 7 bearings. I'm working on the other 2 just for kicks.
    Pretty sweet, good way to recycle

Glad you're keeping yourself busy on the Gulf. This is a very constructive & creative idea. I might need to shop around at a junk store for old skis.

------ Nice! ------

I just googled the "el diablo" to make sure I'm not cutting up a classic. Ebay has on for $60 so no big loss there. You would pay at least that much for a good deck and it would just sit in the shed anyway. At least it has new life.

Images
    i saw them do something like this on that built to shred show on fuel tv (same guy that made a surfing grind rail)

Yes, it was on that show that I saw it a few years back. Then I was bored and started rumaging through my dads old stuff and found the nice wood skis. From there I decided I could make a really nice one from what we had in the shed and this is the end result. If I remember correctly they used painted ones but I wanted to keep the nice wood showing. I used strips of grip tape for 2 reasons. To cover the screw holes from the old boots and to keep the nice wood look. Super happy with the results.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StuckontheGulf View Post
    Yes, it was on that show that I saw it a few years back. Then I was bored and started rumaging through my dads old stuff and found the nice wood skis. From there I decided I could make a really nice one from what we had in the shed and this is the end result. If I remember correctly they used painted ones but I wanted to keep the nice wood showing. I used strips of grip tape for 2 reasons. To cover the screw holes from the old boots and to keep the nice wood look. Super happy with the results.
    yeah yours actually look much better especially with the wood showing. great job have fun riding them

Looks awesome man! Nice job

Looks special, will definitely turn heads rolling around on it Something different!