LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sketchy Waters

Sketchy Waters

I live on Long Island and surf from Lido to Ditch Plains. So far, there has been an unusual amount of sharks and large fish in the waters on LI beaches. Has anyone else noticed this? I feel like it might be caused by the varying water temps?

sharks? In the ocean? I call BS

No need for a smart *ss remark just saying I know its normal to see them but, there has been a higher number then I'm use to seeing in NY waters

It's Shark Week.

Damn Discovery Channel will be the death of us all!

Quote Originally Posted by T Plugs View Post
    No need for a smart *ss remark

Nothin' for nothin' but have you picked up on the tone in any of the other threads on this site over the past 7 years....?

7 foot mako jumped out of the water at gilgo and did a vert 360 nuttay.
    lots of dolphins to

This time of year there are always sharks around. The water is super warm there's a ton of bait in the water. It's the same thing every year... Don't get me wrong, I get spooked too. But you can't let it get to you. If there's a lot of bait around you and you get the vibe, swim to the middle of the pack to better your odds.... There's always going to be sharks. And there will be more of the big one's since they are endangered and can't be fished. They were gone for a while and now they're coming back. We will be seeing more an more.

It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline.
    Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.
    - Hunter S. Thompson

this. sort of.

sharks, shmarks. i've had 6 bear encounters this spring/summer. 2 blacks and 2 browns while mt. biking, 1 brown while kayaking, and 1 brown cruising - cruuuising fast - through my yard (that's a big f-ing dog - that's not a dog!). civilization ends on the front porch...

yeah I have noticed an increasingly large number of activity in the water. I've seen lots of stuff I have not seen in the past. everything from seals, dolphins and rays to things I could not identify...

I agree with NYNJ, we are going to be seeing more of these big fish as they are somehow still on the endangered list...