LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman9398 View Post
    What respirator should I get?
    any organic vapor respirator for resin, any p100 filter for sanding and shaping. the google function is your friend. a quick google search popped up top 3 results all being surfboard respirator, 1 of which is Greenlight.

A simple dust mask for shaping. I use 3M's N95, 8511, which is also rated for fiberglass, so I sand with them too.

3M's 6001 double cartridge respirator for glassing. Make sure it fits tightly and you are clean shaven.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Aug 1, 2012 at 07:05 PM.

Zman,

Give your typing fingers a break and ask your questions when you visit the shop. We're here to give you all the knowledge you need to confidently shape and glass your board.

See ya soon,

~Brian
    www.greenlightsurfsupply.com
    Shape Your Surfing Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Zman9398 View Post
    Ok guys I was broke and then my neighbors dog ran away and they put out stuff and it was a 500 dollar reward and I found the dog and returned so i got some money and I have decided it to use it to shape my own stick.

I am going to greenlight tomorrow or thursday,

What tools do I need?

I want to shape a single fin shortboard that's around 20 inches wide but the kit comes with a thruster glass on set up and I was gonna get the uv cure resin so I don't have mix and worry about time, should I do the kit and regular resin for the first time or can I go the other way?

I want to do something like the polder hull design, look it up it's pretty neat

Will it be to hard?

He has a patent on it. Can I still make it?

Thanks guys
    Right on man.

Let me know how it goes over at Greenlight when you're finished. I hear the guys are super nice and very helpful... I have never shaped my own board but looked into Greenlight the other day and was thinking about shaping a board over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlight View Post
    Zman,

Give your typing fingers a break and ask your questions when you visit the shop. We're here to give you all the knowledge you need to confidently shape and glass your board.

See ya soon,

~Brian
    www.greenlightsurfsupply.com
    Shape Your Surfing Experience
    Thank you Brian, I'll be in tomorrow around noon when you open and is it ok if I bring my respirator in because I don't know if it's rated for glass or fiberglass? Will you have anyone in the shaping room tomorrow around that time?