LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. I second the wave jet. Vroom Vroom

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    well if you're gonna stay and surf there, dropping in on someone is not the best technique. A few formative years at first street taught me to sit right on top of the breaking wave as close to the peak as possible then..take off behind him...call him off...shred behind him and make sure you push him to far to the shoulder that he dorks out...when he calls you out for being a d!ck tell him to stop shoulder hoping... lastly prepare for a
    1.fight
    2.yelling match
    3.heated debate
    4.insult or at the least
    5. an intelligent discussion on surfing etiquette
    If your not ready for 1-4 then surf somewhere else

Can't get much better than this. As others have said there may come a point where you have to back it up or back down and run away. that's your call.

Images
    Take off deeper and push em off the wave Sunny Garcia style

I prefer the old "leash snag" for repeat offenders. Never have come to blows with anyone.... yet.

sitting in front of them works wonders too. they spin around and there you are.

If he is on a soft top he is a kook!!!! Get you and your buds to double team him if he is persitent. One can block while other rides. Have a nice chat with him in the parking lot. Go home and get more shortboarders and even it out. Surfs Up!

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    If he is on a soft top he is a kook!!!!
    You're an idiot . . .

This seems to be a common sentiment but I really don't understand what exactly you think makes this true . . .

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    i hate that. ill be sitting in my spot and a longboarder will come over after seeing the sandbar going off. but he will sit 10-15 feet farther out where i am sitting. i literally cant do anything about them sitting there because i will always end up dropping in on them. but the worst part is that they continually go right back to their spot and pretend like they havent gotten a wave yet

so obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop John B. View Post
    You're an idiot . . .

This seems to be a common sentiment but I really don't understand what exactly you think makes this true . . .
    most likely because almost every soft top rider is a beginner since experienced surfers have enough confidence to ride a standard board.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    most likely because almost every soft top rider is a beginner since experienced surfers have enough confidence to ride a standard board.
    i've seen really good surfers ride soft tops before. idk why but if you're riding a soft top you're either learning, or you rip