LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    So Sloop John B. does this mean you ride a soft top? I have been called an idiot before in and out of the water. But I can surf !!!and at this age in my life I have made some fairly good obsevations. If you read my thread again you will see it is filled with sarcasim. Hey being from Long Island do you know who was one of the first surfers to bring surfing to L. I. Surfs up!!

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    ... or out of boredom.
    exactly. doesn't he do this in all his movies? pick something goofy and ride it in a segment.

3. KP going to titty phuck the schzit out of this wave!

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyPedro View Post
    If you were surfing town beach, Gansett, I feel sorry for you. I was looking at the cam yesterday and laughing at the swarm of "surfers." I ride a longboard but I give shortboarders their due. Try some other breaks. I had a peak to myself this morning.
    - I only surf their with the right swell, that place tends to close out very quickly. The place I surfed was more down the road.

I believe this "soft top" debate is totally irrelevant to this thread.

Regardless, I think one thing when I see a soft top in the line up - it has nothing to do with Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pursuitofhappiness View Post
    Your last line says it all. This "softtop" bashing is quite amusing. Seems to be an east coast thing. Doesn't matter what you ride, but rather how well and how much fun you're having. Love my softtop because it makes lemonade out of lemons with summer east coast waves. Don't know where the original poster was surfing, but I was out that evening....on my softtop. There was one guy out on a shortboard and he left because he wasn't catching anything.

Share waves without judgment and surf with aloha.
    - the main problem for this thread was that he was hogging all the waves!!! if you have long hair and a ponytail and surfed in RI, then your the guy lol

Images
    What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    What would you do?
    it just sounds like you were dealing with a wave hog.dont blame "longboarders" like they all suck and only surf the summer.i know plenty of longboarders who surf all year long,and can get barreled on a 10ft board.theres cool longboarders,there are also dik longboarders.thats like protesting the sups because they dont let u get any waves.if i was you,if i drove to the break and there were more than 10 guys out,i would have kept it moving to a quieter spot.if u cant surf anywhere else,than call the dude out,call him the dik that he is,snake him,drop in on him,fall of your board and launch it at his face.trust me,it always works lol,and they will paddle far away from u just to not have to deal with u

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    So Sloop John B. does this mean you ride a soft top? I have been called an idiot before in and out of the water. But I can surf !!!and at this age in my life I have made some fairly good obsevations. If you read my thread again you will see it is filled with sarcasim. Hey being from Long Island do you know who was one of the first surfers to bring surfing to L. I. Surfs up!!
    I do not ride a soft top. All of my boards are older custom polyurethane/polyester boards, most of which were acquired and ridden by my mom and dad in the 60s through the 80s.

And, uh, Duke Kahanamoku is often credited with bringing surfing to Long Island, IIRC. He taught a lot of industrialists and their families who were living on the North Shore to surf on the South Shore in the early 20th century.

Man oh man, this flat spell is really driving everyone batshiiiite crazy.