LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MB 07750
    Posts
    358
    pull his leash

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,493
    Quote Originally Posted by yourdirtymomma View Post
    You should always post without expectation (or at least expect the worse)....or you won't last long here.
    Not sure if you caught the sarcasm, I was more finishing your sentence for you, pointing out what these threads sound like to me. But I agree

  3. First, if you're on a shortboard amongst a crowd of long boarders, then you have to expect your not going to get very many waves. Second, quit your crying, get another board, or go surf somewhere else.

    To all the folks saying "yank the guys leash", that is just such a passive aggressive puss move, it pisses me off just hearing about it. You yank my leash, you'll be taking a ride on the short bus with sirens.

    If you've got a beef with the guy, grow some balls and go settle it. I've never seen anyone take a crack to the face and then drop in on me afterward, but it sure does sound to me like you're flat out being out surfed because of a poor choice of equipment on a small day.

    I've surfed all over the world. I can surf all boards long and short, bullies and surf mats. I've ridden 20 ft. on nothing more than my bare skin, I've surfed a fat woman in on a 12 ft. day to save her life, but more that anything, I really love my sponge, which a lot of the time allows me to dominate just about anywhere I show up. Nothings funnier then seeing some kook 'local' get all agro because some bodyboarder he doesn't know is taking all his waves. I laugh a riot every time.

    The honest fact is get better or get over it. If you're too much of a ***** to drop in on the guy, to afraid to ding your precious board, to scared to punch the guys lights out, to lazy, or, to be blunt of fact, to lacking in skill to try and get better, well then, that's on you.

    Because personally, the idea that there is some magical ethos call 'etiquette' in the water is a myth. I've never seen it practiced anywhere I've surfed except for those places where some bruiser enforces the rules to the favor of themselves and their crew which isn't really etiquette at all, but, what? Oh yeah, survival of the fittest. You gotta a learn to take the waves you can, and if you feel someones abusing you then stop letting yourself be bullied, but if your just plain being beat to the wave every time, maybe, just maybe, its time to reconsider what's under your feet.

    If you wanna surf, well then, go surf, but this is how it is and how its always been. It's never going to change, so why bother crying about it. The biggest change in my surfing for me was when I realized that if I wanted waves, I needed to go out and get them on my own and quit waiting for others to share. This a sport, and sports are competitive. If we were playing basketball you wouldn't expect me to let you score shots without me trying to stop you, so why should I give you anything in the water when I'm there trying to do the same thing you are and maximize my days enjoyment. Its not my fault that, either A: You suck, or B: You're too obsessed with riding a specific type of board which is therefore causing you to have a lack of enjoyment, because my day is not dependent on you and your needs anymore than yours should be dependent on mine.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by thisguysthumbs View Post
    First, if you're on a shortboard amongst a crowd of long boarders, then you have to expect your not going to get very many waves. Second, quit your crying, get another board, or go surf somewhere else.

    To all the folks saying "yank the guys leash", that is just such a passive aggressive puss move, it pisses me off just hearing about it. You yank my leash, you'll be taking a ride on the short bus with sirens.

    If you've got a beef with the guy, grow some balls and go settle it. I've never seen anyone take a crack to the face and then drop in on me afterward, but it sure does sound to me like you're flat out being out surfed because of a poor choice of equipment on a small day.

    I've surfed all over the world. I can surf all boards long and short, bullies and surf mats. I've ridden 20 ft. on nothing more than my bare skin, I've surfed a fat woman in on a 12 ft. day to save her life, but more that anything, I really love my sponge, which a lot of the time allows me to dominate just about anywhere I show up. Nothings funnier then seeing some kook 'local' get all agro because some bodyboarder he doesn't know is taking all his waves. I laugh a riot every time.

    The honest fact is get better or get over it. If you're too much of a ***** to drop in on the guy, to afraid to ding your precious board, to scared to punch the guys lights out, to lazy, or, to be blunt of fact, to lacking in skill to try and get better, well then, that's on you.

    Because personally, the idea that there is some magical ethos call 'etiquette' in the water is a myth. I've never seen it practiced anywhere I've surfed except for those places where some bruiser enforces the rules to the favor of themselves and their crew which isn't really etiquette at all, but, what? Oh yeah, survival of the fittest. You gotta a learn to take the waves you can, and if you feel someones abusing you then stop letting yourself be bullied, but if your just plain being beat to the wave every time, maybe, just maybe, its time to reconsider what's under your feet.

    If you wanna surf, well then, go surf, but this is how it is and how its always been. It's never going to change, so why bother crying about it. The biggest change in my surfing for me was when I realized that if I wanted waves, I needed to go out and get them on my own and quit waiting for others to share. This a sport, and sports are competitive. If we were playing basketball you wouldn't expect me to let you score shots without me trying to stop you, so why should I give you anything in the water when I'm there trying to do the same thing you are and maximize my days enjoyment. Its not my fault that, either A: You suck, or B: You're too obsessed with riding a specific type of board which is therefore causing you to have a lack of enjoyment, because my day is not dependent on you and your needs anymore than yours should be dependent on mine.
    SJB? Is that you? That sure is a whole lotta word count....

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    S.I.C. NJ
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by thisguysthumbs View Post
    First, if you're on a shortboard amongst a crowd of long boarders, then you have to expect your not going to get very many waves. Second, quit your crying, get another board, or go surf somewhere else.

    To all the folks saying "yank the guys leash", that is just such a passive aggressive puss move, it pisses me off just hearing about it. You yank my leash, you'll be taking a ride on the short bus with sirens.

    If you've got a beef with the guy, grow some balls and go settle it. I've never seen anyone take a crack to the face and then drop in on me afterward, but it sure does sound to me like you're flat out being out surfed because of a poor choice of equipment on a small day.

    I've surfed all over the world. I can surf all boards long and short, bullies and surf mats. I've ridden 20 ft. on nothing more than my bare skin, I've surfed a fat woman in on a 12 ft. day to save her life, but more that anything, I really love my sponge, which a lot of the time allows me to dominate just about anywhere I show up. Nothings funnier then seeing some kook 'local' get all agro because some bodyboarder he doesn't know is taking all his waves. I laugh a riot every time.

    The honest fact is get better or get over it. If you're too much of a ***** to drop in on the guy, to afraid to ding your precious board, to scared to punch the guys lights out, to lazy, or, to be blunt of fact, to lacking in skill to try and get better, well then, that's on you.

    Because personally, the idea that there is some magical ethos call 'etiquette' in the water is a myth. I've never seen it practiced anywhere I've surfed except for those places where some bruiser enforces the rules to the favor of themselves and their crew which isn't really etiquette at all, but, what? Oh yeah, survival of the fittest. You gotta a learn to take the waves you can, and if you feel someones abusing you then stop letting yourself be bullied, but if your just plain being beat to the wave every time, maybe, just maybe, its time to reconsider what's under your feet.

    If you wanna surf, well then, go surf, but this is how it is and how its always been. It's never going to change, so why bother crying about it. The biggest change in my surfing for me was when I realized that if I wanted waves, I needed to go out and get them on my own and quit waiting for others to share. This a sport, and sports are competitive. If we were playing basketball you wouldn't expect me to let you score shots without me trying to stop you, so why should I give you anything in the water when I'm there trying to do the same thing you are and maximize my days enjoyment. Its not my fault that, either A: You suck, or B: You're too obsessed with riding a specific type of board which is therefore causing you to have a lack of enjoyment, because my day is not dependent on you and your needs anymore than yours should be dependent on mine.
    Well said!

  6. #66
    [QUOTE=thisguysthumbs;135206]To all the folks saying "yank the guys leash", that is just such a passive aggressive puss move, it pisses me off just hearing about it. You yank my leash, you'll be taking a ride on the short bus with sirens...If you've got a beef with the guy, grow some balls and go settle it.QUOTE]

    Your whole post was great. All of your points are excellent and to the point; the featured one above is my favorite. "Yanking leashes" is pretty soft. Address the situation like a man.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stayin' Classy in San Diego
    Posts
    2,061
    Quote Originally Posted by thisguysthumbs View Post
    First, if you're on a shortboard amongst a crowd of long boarders, then you have to expect your not going to get very many waves. Second, quit your crying, get another board, or go surf somewhere else.

    To all the folks saying "yank the guys leash", that is just such a passive aggressive puss move, it pisses me off just hearing about it. You yank my leash, you'll be taking a ride on the short bus with sirens.

    If you've got a beef with the guy, grow some balls and go settle it. I've never seen anyone take a crack to the face and then drop in on me afterward, but it sure does sound to me like you're flat out being out surfed because of a poor choice of equipment on a small day.

    I've surfed all over the world. I can surf all boards long and short, bullies and surf mats. I've ridden 20 ft. on nothing more than my bare skin, I've surfed a fat woman in on a 12 ft. day to save her life, but more that anything, I really love my sponge, which a lot of the time allows me to dominate just about anywhere I show up. Nothings funnier then seeing some kook 'local' get all agro because some bodyboarder he doesn't know is taking all his waves. I laugh a riot every time.

    The honest fact is get better or get over it. If you're too much of a ***** to drop in on the guy, to afraid to ding your precious board, to scared to punch the guys lights out, to lazy, or, to be blunt of fact, to lacking in skill to try and get better, well then, that's on you.

    Because personally, the idea that there is some magical ethos call 'etiquette' in the water is a myth. I've never seen it practiced anywhere I've surfed except for those places where some bruiser enforces the rules to the favor of themselves and their crew which isn't really etiquette at all, but, what? Oh yeah, survival of the fittest. You gotta a learn to take the waves you can, and if you feel someones abusing you then stop letting yourself be bullied, but if your just plain being beat to the wave every time, maybe, just maybe, its time to reconsider what's under your feet.

    If you wanna surf, well then, go surf, but this is how it is and how its always been. It's never going to change, so why bother crying about it. The biggest change in my surfing for me was when I realized that if I wanted waves, I needed to go out and get them on my own and quit waiting for others to share. This a sport, and sports are competitive. If we were playing basketball you wouldn't expect me to let you score shots without me trying to stop you, so why should I give you anything in the water when I'm there trying to do the same thing you are and maximize my days enjoyment. Its not my fault that, either A: You suck, or B: You're too obsessed with riding a specific type of board which is therefore causing you to have a lack of enjoyment, because my day is not dependent on you and your needs anymore than yours should be dependent on mine.
    LOL. You ever seen “Ready to Rumble” with Oliver Platt? I can see Jimmy King saying,“You yank my leash, you'll be taking a ride on the short bus with sirens.“
    Do you yell “I will Dominate you!” too while ripping down the line-upon your Boogieboard?

    “…I've surfed a fat woman in on a 12 ft. day to save her life, but more that anything, I really love my sponge”

    This is straight up hilarious. Combined with the sponge comment, all I could think of was you fuchking a fat woman who was wearing “The Sponge”.

    Thank you for livening up an otherwise hum-drum day of writing code.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    pull his leash
    flick him in the testes, or paddle up on your rebel flag/marijuana leaf booger and tell him "locals only b*tch" Kenny Powers style. Where's Kokibarrels?

  9. #69
    Anybody seen that movie "Caught Inside?" It sucks, but there is a scene where one surfer kicks the crap out of another one. Brutal dude.

    All joking aside, you would be shocked how much just talking to someone will change things. I surf a crowded spot all the time, and if you say hello, show some respect, don't hog and surf reasonably well for the crowd you're in, no problems.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MB 07750
    Posts
    358
    [QUOTE=dlrouen;135242]
    Quote Originally Posted by thisguysthumbs View Post
    To all the folks saying "yank the guys leash", that is just such a passive aggressive puss move, it pisses me off just hearing about it. You yank my leash, you'll be taking a ride on the short bus with sirens...If you've got a beef with the guy, grow some balls and go settle it.QUOTE]

    Your whole post was great. All of your points are excellent and to the point; the featured one above is my favorite. "Yanking leashes" is pretty soft. Address the situation like a man.
    how is it passive-aggressive? Its outright aggressive