LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    Out of the two boards you mentioned, i would go with the wider one, since your transitioning from a 7'10"...the extra width will help you tremendously...and for $130, your really not losing alot if you end up not liking it. Just my $.02.
    Listen to Mr Barrels...........Get the wider board. You'll have a better time with it.

$130 one. Better for you coming off the fun board. Your quiver will build as you progress anyway, this is just a the start...

Soon you'll find yourself late at night hunting forums like this for your next score, rent will be late, phone will be turned off, you haven't bought dinner for your woman in months - but you'll find a dumpster diver you've always wanted to ride.

You'll have 20+ boards from retro to pro to classic and all your friends will think you're nuts...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfootr View Post
    Soon you'll find yourself late at night hunting forums like this for your next score, rent will be late, phone will be turned off, you haven't bought dinner for your woman in months - but you'll find a dumpster diver you've always wanted to ride.

You'll have 20+ boards from retro to pro to classic and all your friends will think you're nuts...
    So true. I mean, how many grovelers does one person need??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    So true. I mean, how many grovelers does one person need??
    I've got about 10 boards these days, and I would say about 4-5 of them fit (loosely) into the grovelor category...2 mini simmons, Xanadu Gipos, Chemistry Disk, two RNF quads...OK maybe 6 of them.
    I can honestly say for the past couple of years I've become obsessed with finding boards that fly in knee-thigh high waves.
    But yeah...the "need" line was crossed many boards ago.

However they sure have gotten a lot of use the past four months.
    Last edited by mitchell; Aug 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    Post it up once you get your hands on it...
    Ended up getting the $110 dollar one. 6'2" x 19" x 2.5", small swallow tail.

IMG_0389.jpg

Images
    heres the great thing about $110 boards...if you love it, its a great deal even if it only lasts a year
    If you hate it, its still worth $100 next summer, and you learned something.

It actually looks like a decent shape to get the feel of a short board, but will still paddle into a stomach high wave.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    heres the great thing about $110 boards...if you love it, its a great deal even if it only lasts a year
    If you hate it, its still worth $100 next summer, and you learned something.

It actually looks like a decent shape to get the feel of a short board, but will still paddle into a stomach high wave.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm just looking for something to toss around on, and this is perfect.

Can you read the shapers name on the bottom by any chance. Any WRV done by Tommy Moore is pure classic.

Mitchell... I guess it depends on how you define "groveler." In my mind, a groveler is a performance shortboard for very small surf, and a mini Simmons is in a category all on it's own.... like a traditional fish.

Several years ago I purged... now I'm down to one groveler... one log, one fish, one shortboard, one semi-gun... that I ride. Minimalist, I guess...

Definately go with the $130 board. You can't go wrong either way. Buy and try them all.