LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Dan Taylor Pocket Rocket

Does anyone know anything about this board or have any experience with it? I've been looking at one to use as a step up but I can't find a lot of information about it other than pros advertising it. It looks pretty funky but definitely something I'd want to try.

Images
    Sam Hammers board of choice for heavy NJ winter pits, that's all the info you need right there.

I have a Roberts Black Thumb which is a similar design - a good wave/barrel board compressed into a smaller, stubby shape. I think both are great for beachbreak barrels.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    Sam Hammers board of choice for heavy NJ winter pits, that's all the info you need right there.

I have a Roberts Black Thumb which is a similar design - a good wave/barrel board compressed into a smaller, stubby shape. I think both are great for beachbreak barrels.
    yeah that's definitely what I was looking for in it. how short do you ride yours? i know sam rides his really small because he likes to take off right under the lip, but i like to take off a little earlier

Images
    My Black Thumb is the same dimensions as my Lost Stealth that is a good junk-average wave board. 5'10" x 19" x 2 1/4" although the nose was snapped off so now its a 5'8" round nose haha.

Definitely don't go as short as Sam, you can see how much he late drops right into the barrel if you watch videos of him. I would get it a similar size as your everyday board, it has some extra volume up front for getting into the waves earlier but is pulled in through the middle to the tail to hold in bigger waves. Definitely a sick shape.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    My Black Thumb is the same dimensions as my Lost Stealth that is a good junk-average wave board. 5'10" x 19" x 2 1/4" although the nose was snapped off so now its a 5'8" round nose haha.

Definitely don't go as short as Sam, you can see how much he late drops right into the barrel if you watch videos of him. I would get it a similar size as your everyday board, it has some extra volume up front for getting into the waves earlier but is pulled in through the middle to the tail to hold in bigger waves. Definitely a sick shape.
    alright i'll probably go around the same size thanks for the help

Images
    No problem man, hopefully we get some solid swell soon for you to test it out.

Images
    yeah i've got my eye on this monster behind ts florence... it starts to show at the 150 hour mark and if it ends up making its way to the east coast i'm definitely going to need a bigger board
    http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/disp...a=natla_height

Images
    Damn dude, that could be the storm of the season if it develops that well.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ND081 View Post
    yeah i've got my eye on this monster behind ts florence... it starts to show at the 150 hour mark and if it ends up making its way to the east coast i'm definitely going to need a bigger board
    http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/disp...a=natla_height
    nice post man! ive never seen that wave model before. definetly added to the favorites

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    nice post man! ive never seen that wave model before. definetly added to the favorites
    yeah thanks it's a great site to know during hurricane season

we just gotta hope it doesn't head straight into the gulf