LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    I wear cowboy boots when I surf reef. The matching white speedo I wear with them lets everyone know I'm core for sure.

Get a helmet too but make sure to deck it out in Ron Jon stickers and maybe even a Salt Life one. I heard the Hawaiian's are super friendly to haole k00ks like your self

skeglegs why pick on pjb? ur a ****. ur mad cause he's holden caulfeild funny?

Ever step on an urchin? try pulling a dozen micro needled out.. I did, it six. At that point I started wearing mine and was able to kick off the ocean floor as needed.
    Just be nice to people in the line up and they will respect you dude.

Images
    Depends on where you are surfing?
    I've seen plenty of people surf with boots on in sketchy reef.
    In Hawaii though, its volcanic rock reef, and at least the places I've been, you didn't them.
    The volcanic rock tends to be smoother as compared to sharp jagged coral reef.

Images
    who cares what anybody thinks, especially dopey locals

Kook = if you worry about being a kook then you are kooking out

Lava reefs might not be so bad. I stood up on the reef at Backdoor on a small day and it was rugged but not sharp. But on coral that shelves quickly like indo they make a huge difference in awkward situations. Sometimes you have to walk a bit to get somewhere safe. Coral cuts can ruin a trip. Old worn coral is not so bad but live stuff is sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyUtah View Post
    Ever step on an urchin? try pulling a dozen micro needled out.. I did, it six. At that point I started wearing mine and was able to kick off the ocean floor as needed.
    Just be nice to people in the line up and they will respect you dude.
    i have and its actually kinda useless to try and pick the small ones out. the small ones dissolve away anyways. I've also pulled a 1/4 inch spine outta the tip of my thumb. You learn to live with the hazards and how to take care of them when you get it.
    Nobody really cares if you wear booties, shoot you can wear whatever you want, i once saw a guy in his teva's SUP'n away, as long as you are respectful nobody cares. But the booties definitely raise the visitor flag. And you'll for sure be the punch-line to a few jokes later but thats about it.