LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Images

Dark Fall the Movie

I saw the trailer and it looks like an epic movie does anybody know anything about or have seen it. any reviews
    check out the trailer at http://darkfallthemovie.com/

Images
    ehhh, it wasn't what i would say the best movie, they surf NJ for maybe 15 minutes than go to top spots and surf everywhere else. it is a decent movie but to me not worth buying. i cant wait for the the new movie endless stoke personally.

Quote Originally Posted by a2tall View Post
    ehhh, it wasn't what i would say the best movie, they surf NJ for maybe 15 minutes than go to top spots and surf everywhere else. it is a decent movie but to me not worth buying. i cant wait for the the new movie endless stoke personally.
    really? that's what you think? the only 2 places they go in that film are hawaii & tahiti. hardly "everywhere else". the vast majority of the surfing in the film was shot here in nj.
    i think the film provides a good snapshot of what it's like being a dedicated surfer in nj...dealing w/ the cold, fickle weather, summer flatness, stereotypes, etc...& still being stoked. plus it was well shot, which is a nice change from previous east coast surf flicks, which appeared to have been shot w/ handycams. i'd say it raises the bar for nj filmmakers.
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Aug 6, 2012 at 11:57 AM.

It has great footage of local guys riding some big nj cold water waves and some footage of them in other places.

It's only part of the movie but I can't get enough of watching guys bomb 40 degree OH closeouts.

Bought Dark Fall over the winter. Its been out a while though. It won NYC surf film festival award I think. Anyway, these Jersey boys make late drops in some insane beach breaks! I didn't think Jersey was as heavy as OBX. Love the east coast winter time barrel fest, and the Hawaii section is sick! Overall good flick,

Great flick, great soundtrack. Good on the Jersey boys. Watched it numerous times.

Images
    I bought it about a year ago and I think it's sick, lots of barrels. Good soundtrack too.

Images
    There was a link put on here last year with a direct download for this, try searching the forum.