LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rad swell

Some fun chest - head high sets at long beach this morning. A lot of aggro in the water though; people at lincoln need to chill out.

absolute ass in monmouth county. not even rideable around 5:30-6am

I know people say this alllllll the time, but I'am truly convinced with such terrible flat spells in the summer, that the people who run this site, bump up their little swell charts so people continue to check their site. I know I know "forecasting is very fickle for Jersey" blah blah blah, "why dont you do your own forcecasting." But it is a very oddly familiar pattern. Swell a week from now, and then as the days continue to tick by the "swell" diminishes. Maybe I'm just tweeking cause its been flat forever............. Or maybe SWELLINFO is tweeking (swells) cause its been flat forever.

Strap them tin foil hats!

Images
    I dont know about you guys but I check the charts everyday regardless of waves in the long range or not. This whole "its for regular web traffic" is bs. Sooo guys, you know when there are waves coming, and thats when you get online to check? Just to make sure? WTF?

^^ Negative..... I check and do my own research, knowing to not just rely on one site. I knew this swell was going to be sh*t, even told my one buddy the trip down would not be worth it, and truth be told I WAS RIGHT! And wrong "web traffic" is not B.S. not even close.

Also A LOT of these people dont check charts everyday (like me and you). They only check THIS site, and once they see that little blip on the swell chart move, they constantly check it until they are disappointed again.

Images
    [QUOTE=DarkBarrels;134939]I know people say this alllllll the time, but I'am truly convinced with such terrible flat spells in the summer, that the people who run this site, bump up their little swell charts so people continue to check their site. I know I know "forecasting is very fickle for Jersey" blah blah blah, "why dont you do your own forcecasting." But it is a very oddly familiar pattern. Swell a week from now, and then as the days continue to tick by the "swell" diminishes. Maybe I'm just tweeking cause its been flat forever............. Or maybe SWELLINFO is tweeking (swells) cause its been flat forever.

Really? Obviously you have not been following this storm at all. It was not originally forecasted to lose this much strength so soon. If you would keep up with noaa's website you might have figured out why the forecast has gotten smaller.....BECAUSE THE STORM IS DIMINISHING!! not because swellinfo hypes it up.

All hype brotha. You clearly don't understand.. No worries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBarrels View Post
    I know people say this alllllll the time, but I'am truly convinced with such terrible flat spells in the summer, that the people who run this site, bump up their little swell charts so people continue to check their site. I know I know "forecasting is very fickle for Jersey" blah blah blah, "why dont you do your own forcecasting." But it is a very oddly familiar pattern. Swell a week from now, and then as the days continue to tick by the "swell" diminishes. Maybe I'm just tweeking cause its been flat forever............. Or maybe SWELLINFO is tweeking (swells) cause its been flat forever.

Strap them tin foil hats!
    LOL...You realize the owner of this doesn't "create" the forecast, but uses a computer model that spits out the data right? Forecast has been good around here lately on this site. If you follow snow storms during the winter the models love to have a low 7 days out and then it disappears. It's the models. Accuracy is limited 7 days out. Take it more as a "possibility" anything further than 3 days out.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Aug 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM.

Anything 1 day out