LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rad swell

I go to magicseaweed because they always say its the biggest and it get me excited haha.

Quote Originally Posted by mp1 View Post
    dont know where in mc your surfing brudda...
    Good...

I'm not gonna argue with you about whether the forecast was right or wrong. Nobody will win that one (although I will admit I hate all the Swellinfo bashing). And I'll admit that 90% of the breaks were not working for 90% of the tide cycle. But I will encourage people to either (1) stop the bashing, because you're making yourselves look like suckers knowing there was a fun little wave yesterday if you knew where to find it, or (2) be one of the handful of people who put the effort into seeking out a ridable wave when the buoys are showing 4.3' @ 7 sec. If you missed out on that, your bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Good...

I'm not gonna argue with you about whether the forecast was right or wrong. Nobody will win that one (although I will admit I hate all the Swellinfo bashing). And I'll admit that 90% of the breaks were not working for 90% of the tide cycle. But I will encourage people to either (1) stop the bashing, because you're making yourselves look like suckers knowing there was a fun little wave yesterday if you knew where to find it, or (2) be one of the handful of people who put the effort into seeking out a ridable wave when the buoys are showing 4.3' @ 7 sec. If you missed out on that, your bad.
    i looked before work around 5:30, a few spots in lb and in deal. deal was maybe rideable on a log. buoy was 3.3' @ 6 sec and looked even worse. tide was super low though but i couldn't find a spot worth surfing. w/ the angle that steep, you definitely have to think outside the box but i don't think anything was working that early.

Images
    i got a little bump this morning! I haven't been out in about 1.5 weeks...not worth it in my eyes to fight for knee high dribs against the foam crowd

Images
    The blame is on the GFS weather model, which essentially all weather agencies use. More often then not, it heightens the S/SW wind swells further out in the prediction, and then it becomes more realistic in the shorter term forecast. That is why you see the same trends on different forecasting sites.

Swellinfo will be working on getting around model biases, but its going to take a while to get there.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Aug 7, 2012 at 02:47 PM.

Images
    I thought the forecast for yesterday for Delmarva was accurate as can be expected. Maybe 2-3 days out it was looking a little better, then by 24 hours out the forecast knee - thigh and clean short period steep south angle. I surfed yesterday afternoon for an hour or two at a spot that picks up that stuff and it was exactly as forecast, and got a bunch of ok little thigh high waves.

i don't remember summers being this flat when i was young.

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    i don't remember summers being this flat when i was young.
    I remember being much shorter and lighter when I was young.....

Quote Originally Posted by whitewater View Post
    I don't mind waiting for waves, most people spend their whole lives waiting for nothing
    thats a great fkin quote right there!!some people have to die before they can live.why are we dying to live,when were just living to die..swellinfo just tries to get our hopes up thinking we might get some waves.i went out yesterday morning and it was flatter than an asians ass!!hopefully saturday we see a little bump

this is why you need to have other interests beside surfing. flat spells will drive you nuts if you don't.