LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rad swell

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I remember being much shorter and lighter when I was young.....
    hahhah good response

Considering #1 This site is free, and #2 there are other sites available, I don't see the need to bash. This site and Surfline are by far the most accurate for the E. Coast. Between SI and Surfline, you can't go wrong. If you aren't the cheap type, pay for a membership there like I do so that you can look at the HD Cams before you get in your car and drive out. If you are leaving before sunrise, have a nice phone that streams video and check it at 1st light on your way over and see which spot is firing the best.

So, check SI for forecast, Surfline for cams and you can't go wrong. I have yet to be skunked since combining these two things. When relying on just a forecast, you will get skunked 20-30% (my experience / guestimation) of the time, just how it goes.
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Aug 7, 2012 at 09:28 PM.

People just can't handle it when others are successful where they weren't, like when I caught a giant 18 lb Atlantic Cod at an offshore reef while chumming for Bluefish and bottom fishing for Fluke Sunday before last. Great day on the water, 10 hrs straight of action. I have literally over 100 lbs of fish in my cooler. I'm on my way into the driveway, he's standing in his yard, and I go "fire up your grill, I'll be right over." So I bring a nice big filet over to give to my neighbor, and he is kind of a loudmouth, everyone is an idiot, he knows everything blah blah blah. I tell him what we caught. And he smirks and tells me "you didn't catch a Cod there, not this time of year"

Here I am, exhausted, covered in blood and grime, trying to be neighborly, and all this ****head can think to do is be insulting and negative. I just said "ok, your right, go defrost some chicken breasts, I'll be enjoying the Cod I didn't catch."

Images
    When I said fake swell, I knew it was going to take a dump like the one coming this weekend. I didn’t think the forecast was fake nor did I mean to imply it. Sorry. Sometimes you can tell chances are slim based on the models/forecast data. On the other hand, sometimes you can tell if a swell is more likely to happen. The Bermuda high swell forecast didn’t wobble at all for 5 days really, so I was much more confident in getting a little surf. Straight south swell passes by my area with ease. 6.2@8 S may only be 2ft at best on the beach. I do lots of fishing, swimming, biking, and longboarding in the summer. Those things are fun, but I’m chasing the dragon. I need some real surf. Don’t hate on a brother for wanting to get a legit shack. Anyway, Fall is coming with waves and I’ll be able to drive to work at normal speed!
    Hot Pockets

looks like an exact repeat of this past "swell" for sunday..