LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The man in gray

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Looks like a dolphin to me... too much curve to the pectoral flippers to be the pectoral fins of a shark. Besides that, sharks don't surf!
    i can attest to that, a couple years ago i saw a 5-6 foot shark get hammered by a wave, and then a couple more...he got stuck in the impact zone and took a couple on the head..I was walking down 'cause there was a steady N drift, paddled right back out...i figured he learned his lesson.

Images
    On the blown up photo in the link that dorsal thing I thought was algae looks a lot like the dorsal of a black tip.

I'm glad I paddled out with my GoPro! I managed to snap this photo a few sessions ago - I can't tell if this is a shark or a dolphin. Can I get some photo analysis?

natlgeo_shark.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    I'm glad I paddled out with my GoPro! I managed to snap this photo a few sessions ago - I can't tell if this is a shark or a dolphin. Can I get some photo analysis?

natlgeo_shark.jpg
    Looks like a Pompano to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    i can attest to that, a couple years ago i saw a 5-6 foot shark get hammered by a wave, and then a couple more...he got stuck in the impact zone and took a couple on the head..I was walking down 'cause there was a steady N drift, paddled right back out...i figured he learned his lesson.
    Blacktips and Sandbar sharks feed in the impact zone pretty often, since that's where baitfish are more likely to be disoriented. See it a lot in the fall waiting out the back, hear thrashing, turn around to see shark tails and mullet flying in the suds. The deeper the slough on the other side of the bar, the more likely you are to see sharks in the impact zone.... that's one of the factors that causes Frisco to be so sharky.

Frisco is famous for sharks. Avon is where the Russians got mauled. The guy actually swam his girl to the beach...where he died having not a drop of blood left in his body! Pure adreneline got him in. His girl survived, barely. Everyone who surfs often and actually lives here sees them regularly. Hell, the New Inlet that every donkey and kook touron crowd now daily is among the worst! Just a couple days ago they pulled a 10 foot croc swimming out! ha...just one more thing to look for. We think he smelled all the Donkey meat and wanted a taste! Chew on that....