LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The man in gray

Just because you can't see them, does not mean they can't see you. It's their world.

Thanks for sharing your encounter.

Images
    You should have stayed out. What's one less poser in the lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    You should have stayed out. What's one less poser in the lineup?
    who knows? how bout you stay out as a negative control? then we'll reaaally know.

Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    who knows? how bout you stay out as a negative control? then we'll reaaally know.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Just because you can't see them, does not mean they can't see you. It's their world.
    True... I've said it before... if you don't see sharks in the water, you're not looking. I saw one yesterday... it was under the water, not at the surface. Cruised from about my 11 o'clock to my 2 o'clock right in front of me. Probably a brown... was the right size and shape, but I didn't really see the color.

just so we're clear here, being chased by a giant bullshark and dodging 2 additional giant hammerheads on the way in on the same wave is no big deal and totally normal in san fran. got it!

7. travy the hammerheads were pretty small. Maybe 3-4ft. The bull was in the 6+ range, may have looked larger due to the shadows and the oh sh*t factor. It was really fat and was super aggressive.

Like I said I tried to take myself out of the food chain by going back out on the SUP just to look at all of the sharks. My friend was out there body surfing AFTER seeing this event. I could see pretty sizeable sharks within 10-20 feet of him when I was on the SUp. That's basically where the surfers up in san fran must be mentally....

Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    just so we're clear here, being chased by a giant bullshark and dodging 2 additional giant hammerheads on the way in on the same wave is no big deal and totally normal in san fran. got it!
    Who cares about San Francisco? This is about Frisco...

Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    As it is normal in Frisco, NC.

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    As it is normal in Frisco, NC.
    lol. my mistake! i still think it's a bit suspect but makes a little more sense here.. having grown up in florida i've seen my fair share of sharks while surfing but the original story sounded a little embellished. really, i was just busting purple's chops a little.

regarding sharks, as long as there are no seals or big schools of fish in the lineup i don't even think about them. if one wants to bite you there is nothing you can do about it so why even worry.