LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    hahah thats pretty funny. i would rather drive south than north but hey atleast they got something!!

Images
    in monmouth county we have had tons of days that were fun the past month, nobody out because the reports say 1 ft, but its waist high and peeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Anybody else been flat ALL summer? Only two times precisely have I seen waves over ankle high in the past two months on the south shore of massachusetts...I'm getting really pissed and depressed
    The south shore LMAO. That's totally NORMAL. That's the flattest place on the entire east coast. The cape totally blocks the usual south swell that you get from fronts during the summer. Dude seriously, forget about the south shore and take a drive or quit surfing. During the summer, the south shore is almost as bad as the great lakes

Find a place that's exposed to south swells... aka RI

Get a yac and go shark hunting

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by a2tall View Post
    in monmouth county we have had tons of days that were fun the past month, nobody out because the reports say 1 ft, but its waist high and peeling.
    .................................................. ...........dude..............................are you serious?
    Not that optimism is a bad thing, but "tons" and "peeling" aren't the adjectives I would have chosen to describe the last month. I surf when it looks fun not when a report says it's going to be fun. I feel sorry for anyone who lets a report dictate there sessions or lack of them. Some of us actually enjoy getting our asses kicked by real surf, so yeah, the kiddy waves of summer are getting old for many men.

Its been loggable or fishable here on Folly past few weeks on and off but I was in Mex for a month before that so cant speak for the rest of the summer here.

As far as I am concerned, looking for waves on the East Coast in the summer is like expecting to ski in Colorado in the summer---wrong season.... if something pops up cool but I just expect it to be flat or dribble for 2-3 months

Quote Originally Posted by kellyrojo78 View Post
    Its been loggable or fishable here on Folly past few weeks on and off but I was in Mex for a month before that so cant speak for the rest of the summer here.

As far as I am concerned, looking for waves on the East Coast in the summer is like expecting to ski in Colorado in the summer---wrong season.... if something pops up cool but I just expect it to be flat or dribble for 2-3 months
    You're kidding me right? I've counted at least 14 days of waist high swell since memorial day around here. 2 days of head high and few chest high days. Saying it's flat or dribble for 3 months is exaggerating

Images
    florida is showing 18-19 ft at 12 secs tues 21st, OBX 9-10ft at 12 secs, and VA 4-5 ft at 11 secs

10. like always a few spots in RI have had swell when most of the popular ones were flat. Take monday for instance, Surfed a usually unpopular south facing spot with 6 other guys that was waist-chest on sets.... matunuck was ****, judy was ****... Ive surfed quite a few more times this summer than I remember last summer