LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apbb View Post
    and btw, for you who are wondering. LOLA is predicting what looks to be a Category 3+ hurricane to slam right into Georgia around August 20th.
    Don't play with my emotions like that, that could mean very good things down here

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Don't play with my emotions like that, that could mean very good things down here
    is this helping? http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...8at10356PM.png

idk if this is like illegal but Surfline Premium forecast is saying

Saturday: Poor 2-3ft
    Sunday: Fair 3-4ft +

These often change too as they are days 4 and 5, but take it for how you want. 2-3 ft on my beach usually means 3-4. 3-4ft + usually means 4-6ft.
    Also remember that this was yesterday's forecast which was inline with Swellinfo, however Surfline updates their forecast once a day and not until late afternoon typically.

Quote Originally Posted by Feesh View Post
    Also remember that this was yesterday's forecast which was inline with Swellinfo, however Surfline updates their forecast once a day and not until late afternoon typically.
    but Surfline usually says "stay tuned" or something like that on the long range forecasts in the description. These say nothing of the sort just "better conditions" and "bigger peaks PM"

A little bit

i know I'm beating a dead horse, but Surfline just UPPED the forecast for Saturday saying

3-4ft for New Jersey Poor to Fair Conditions

100:1 surf is > waist high and clean.

i know I'm beating a dead horse, but Surfline just UPPED the forecast for Saturday saying

3-4ft for New Jersey Poor to Fair Conditions
    That site needs to change its ratings badly. 3 to 4 feet is NOT even close to poor for the east coast in summer. Are you kidding? The rating should be excellent assuming descent winds. That site has the same rating for cali as it does for the east coast.

Images
    what we may think is good doesnt compare to excellent in other places. they use the same conditions all across the board from hi to de, so what might be good for de really isn't that amazing in comparison to other places

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    That site needs to change its ratings badly. 3 to 4 feet is NOT even close to poor for the east coast in summer. Are you kidding? The rating should be excellent assuming descent winds. That site has the same rating for cali as it does for the east coast.
    Dude, the rating has to due with the quality of the wave, not the size of the wave. You can have 3-4 waves but completely blown out and worth a sh*t, and they call that POOR, or you can have 3-4 waves but the wind is just right, as the quality of the wave improves so does the rating. C'mon maaaaaaan.....