LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    That site needs to change its ratings badly. 3 to 4 feet is NOT even close to poor for the east coast in summer. Are you kidding? The rating should be excellent assuming descent winds. That site has the same rating for cali as it does for the east coast.
    They are referring to the ocean conditions not the wave size. Wind will probably be ok to sucky.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    They are referring to the ocean conditions not the wave size. Wind will probably be ok to sucky.
    The nicer way to put it HAHA

Images
    this one time at surf camp, i shoved a 6'8'' up my butt.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Dude, the rating has to due with the quality of the wave, not the size of the wave. You can have 3-4 waves but completely blown out and worth a sh*t, and they call that POOR, or you can have 3-4 waves but the wind is just right, as the quality of the wave improves so does the rating. C'mon maaaaaaan.....
    Dude, I've seen good wind conditions with waist to chest and the forecast says poor-fair conditions

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Dude, I've seen good wind conditions with waist to chest and the forecast says poor-fair conditions
    Not surprised, it probably because it could have been better i'm sure, i like that they don't over hype

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Feesh View Post
    That this swell forecast for Saturday will stay true? Is it gonna be another fader? I am hopeful but doubtful as of now.

PS - this is not a complaint about the forecasting as I understand the procedures and think that this site does an excellent job.
    lol i was just thinking the same thing.first it was friday,then saturday,now sunday.i check the forecasts 10x a day because its always changing on here.all the other sites say weak poor conditions while i see a decent green blob for sunday now.well just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    lol i was just thinking the same thing.first it was friday,then saturday,now sunday.i check the forecasts 10x a day because its always changing on here.all the other sites say weak poor conditions while i see a decent green blob for sunday now.well just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best
    No need to check 10x a day... updates happen at 6am and 6pm. The wave maps update 2 other times, but I don't know what time that happens. In some rare instances, there may be an additional update but that's usually due to an error or switching to the hurricane model.

Quote Originally Posted by apbb View Post
    and btw, for you who are wondering. LOLA is predicting what looks to be a Category 3+ hurricane to slam right into Georgia around August 20th.
    surf will be thumping up here in Jax, hope it doesn't reach land though, just a flyby would be perfect.