LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    move please

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    this....make the move and you will be an ex-surfer, which according to some, means you never really were a surfer in the first place.

and here's an uglier truth: as you get older, you will find that surfing is better than sex. no one who is married will ever admit this out loud but good surf is better than good sex. i'm sorry, somebody had to say it.
    Funny thing hanna, I deleted something to the same effect out of my post before I posted it. It was much less subtle, you got the same point across way more PG than I.

"good surf is better than good sex"

i think this is one of those Apples vs. Pineapples type things. Yes they are both in the top 2 things to do, but....i just do not think your doing the sex thing right or your bored out of your mind with the same old same old. That is not the same thing as not getting or having good sex.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xgen70 View Post

i think this is one of those Apples vs. Pineapples type things. Yes they are both in the top 2 things to do, but....i just do not think your doing the sex thing right or your bored out of your mind with the same old same old. That is not the same thing as not getting or having good sex.
    let's put it like this: would you rather have a session of good sex (with your partner or the person of your dreams or whomever) or an session of surfing head-high glassy lines at your favorite break? i've had a lot of the former in my life but not nearly enough of the latter...but hey, maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by xgen70 View Post

Your priorities are grossly out of whack if you think surfing is better than sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    the real question is would she move to the ocean for you... if no... then no.
    Well-spoken!

My story: I was blessed by circumstances to live the dream for a hot minute: 1 yr in NorCal, 2 yrs Hawaii with brief stints in San Diego, Oz, Vanuatu, and Guam...good surf in all of those places. My Dad passed away 3 years ago, and I decided to take a 2 yr job back in Maryland (Annapolis, 2+ hrs from OC MD) to help the fam for awhile. I ended up meeting an awesome lady in Baltimore and married her. I'll be honest, I haven't gotten much surf since then...granted it's MD, and from my years on the road the standard of "good surf" is still impossibly high. Anyhow, I've about had it with inland living, and we're planning on moving to the Pacific NW next year: big surf, cold water, the good stuff ya know? Some people get married and "settle down". If that's how you want to live life, find some bar fly and have at it. Look a little harder though, and there are lots of 'em just praying for some guy with a sense of adventure beyond giant biceps and flashy car. Don't rush, don't be selfish, but also don't sell yourself short.

Good topic, btw, really enjoying reading what everyone has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Your priorities are grossly out of whack if you think surfing is better than sex.
    HAHAHAHA. I passed on sex for 6ft Rocky Point MANY times. It was f'ng worth it EVERY TIME!! I suppose that was probably a cue that she wasn't the right girl. :P

Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    HAHAHAHA. I passed on sex for 6ft Rocky Point MANY times. It was f'ng worth it EVERY TIME!! I suppose that was probably a cue that she wasn't the right girl. :P
    It probably depends on the person. If you are any kind of a man and can get laid any time you want, then you ditch the sex for the waves because GOOD wave days are far and few between, good sex can be had any day of the week if you are capable. Now on the other hand, if you're an ugly dude or just have no game what-so-ever then you probably aren't ditching the sex, because it's a rare opportunity and you wouldn't want to pass that up

Amen to that you whacky bastard. My thoughts exactly. I have have declined invitation to enter the axe wound for hurricane surf several times. Maybe that's why she threw me out. Worth it 100% every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    Amen to that you whacky bastard. My thoughts exactly. I have have declined invitation to enter the axe wound for hurricane surf several times. Maybe that's why she threw me out. Worth it 100% every time.
    HAHAHA, i believe it!