Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 79
  1. #41
    "good surf is better than good sex"

    i think this is one of those Apples vs. Pineapples type things. Yes they are both in the top 2 things to do, but....i just do not think your doing the sex thing right or your bored out of your mind with the same old same old. That is not the same thing as not getting or having good sex.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    4,628
    Quote Originally Posted by xgen70 View Post
    "good surf is better than good sex"

    i think this is one of those Apples vs. Pineapples type things. Yes they are both in the top 2 things to do, but....i just do not think your doing the sex thing right or your bored out of your mind with the same old same old. That is not the same thing as not getting or having good sex.

    Your priorities are grossly out of whack if you think surfing is better than sex.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    the real question is would she move to the ocean for you... if no... then no.
    Well-spoken!

    My story: I was blessed by circumstances to live the dream for a hot minute: 1 yr in NorCal, 2 yrs Hawaii with brief stints in San Diego, Oz, Vanuatu, and Guam...good surf in all of those places. My Dad passed away 3 years ago, and I decided to take a 2 yr job back in Maryland (Annapolis, 2+ hrs from OC MD) to help the fam for awhile. I ended up meeting an awesome lady in Baltimore and married her. I'll be honest, I haven't gotten much surf since then...granted it's MD, and from my years on the road the standard of "good surf" is still impossibly high. Anyhow, I've about had it with inland living, and we're planning on moving to the Pacific NW next year: big surf, cold water, the good stuff ya know? Some people get married and "settle down". If that's how you want to live life, find some bar fly and have at it. Look a little harder though, and there are lots of 'em just praying for some guy with a sense of adventure beyond giant biceps and flashy car. Don't rush, don't be selfish, but also don't sell yourself short.

    Good topic, btw, really enjoying reading what everyone has to say.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Your priorities are grossly out of whack if you think surfing is better than sex.
    HAHAHAHA. I passed on sex for 6ft Rocky Point MANY times. It was f'ng worth it EVERY TIME!! I suppose that was probably a cue that she wasn't the right girl. :P

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,115
    Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    HAHAHAHA. I passed on sex for 6ft Rocky Point MANY times. It was f'ng worth it EVERY TIME!! I suppose that was probably a cue that she wasn't the right girl. :P
    It probably depends on the person. If you are any kind of a man and can get laid any time you want, then you ditch the sex for the waves because GOOD wave days are far and few between, good sex can be had any day of the week if you are capable. Now on the other hand, if you're an ugly dude or just have no game what-so-ever then you probably aren't ditching the sex, because it's a rare opportunity and you wouldn't want to pass that up

  6. #46
    Amen to that you whacky bastard. My thoughts exactly. I have have declined invitation to enter the axe wound for hurricane surf several times. Maybe that's why she threw me out. Worth it 100% every time.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    Amen to that you whacky bastard. My thoughts exactly. I have have declined invitation to enter the axe wound for hurricane surf several times. Maybe that's why she threw me out. Worth it 100% every time.
    HAHAHA, i believe it!

  8. #48
    Going inland is not necessarily a bad thing. Although you will go surfing much less, you will most likely be motivated to go on surf trips to better surf spots. My friend lived in California about a block from Rincon. He had to move to colorado and thought he would never surf again. Now he takes about 2-3 trips a year and he's been to fiji, tahiti, costa rica, oahu, and pretty much any other world class wave in the world. I'm not saying you should take these super long expensive trips to exotic places a couple times a year, but you can still surf places you probably never thought you would get to surf.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,115
    Quote Originally Posted by lipride20 View Post
    Going inland is not necessarily a bad thing. Although you will go surfing much less, you will most likely be motivated to go on surf trips to better surf spots. My friend lived in California about a block from Rincon. He had to move to colorado and thought he would never surf again. Now he takes about 2-3 trips a year and he's been to fiji, tahiti, costa rica, oahu, and pretty much any other world class wave in the world. I'm not saying you should take these super long expensive trips to exotic places a couple times a year, but you can still surf places you probably never thought you would get to surf.
    My question to that would be, if you never get to surf, how are you going to be prepared for world class waves a couple times per year?

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rehoboth
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    If you're less than 38 yrs old, you're about to learn a real hard lesson about women, kid.
    Have you noticed, you & I are the only ones that know that secret so far or just maybe he'll have a long wait INLAND to find out the answer himself ................