LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    My question to that would be, if you never get to surf, how are you going to be prepared for world class waves a couple times per year?
    you have to stay mission orientated. You try to stay in shape with the goal of being ready to surf when you can. then you try take short 3 day trips when ever you can and a few longer trips. You can watch the swell models and then find cheap airfare to PR or similiar for three day getaways and hotels in rincon will have boards to rent or store yours in a locker for you. When your on longer trips after a couple days of surfing everyday all day you can be back to normal. whatever that is.

i did it. For two years after living on a beach on an island my whole life. and my girl who also loves the coast, and i am now married too, came with me. but we were already in a pretty serious relationship and not 22 yrs old when we BOTH decided to move. we looked at it as an adventure and it was good for a while but we took the whole month of sept off to be back home and decided we needed to move back to the ocean. I'm happy we did it but i don't ever want to live away from the coast again.

We didn't realize what i had untill we didn't have it.

if my girl decided to move with or with out me then i wouldn't do it.
    Last edited by Peajay4060; Aug 9, 2012 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    you have to stay mission orientated. You try to stay in shape with the goal of being ready to surf when you can. then you try take short 3 day trips when ever you can and a few longer trips. You can watch the swell models and then find cheap airfare to PR or similiar for three day getaways and hotels in rincon will have boards to rent or store yours in a locker for you. When your on longer trips after a couple days of surfing everyday all day you can be back to normal. whatever that is.

i did it for work for two years after living on a beach on an island my whole life. and my girl who also loves the coast, and i am now married too, came with me. but we were already in a pretty serious relationship and not 22 yrs old when we decided to move. we looked at it as an adventure and it was good for a while but we took the whole month of sept off to be back home and decided we needed to move back to the ocean. I'm happy we did it but i don't ever want to live away from the coast again.

We didn't realize what i had untill i didn't have it.
    I hear what your saying, and it sounds great and all, but it sounds easier said than done to me, being in shape is one thing, but surfing world class waves after not being in the water for months at a time can't be easy, unless you are just that good, and don't lose much of a step after that long of a layoff. The words "world class" should probably be defined here, because what i'm thinking is DOH+ and HEAVY, which to me sounds impossible for someone who doesn't get the reps.
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Aug 9, 2012 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I hear what your saying, and it sounds great and all, but it sounds easier said than done to me, being in shape is one thing, but surfing world class waves after not being in the water for months at a time can't be easy, unless you are just that good, and don't lose much of a step after that long of a layoff. The words "world class" should probably be defined here, because what i'm thinking is DOH+ and HEAVY, which to me sounds impossible for someone who doesn't get the reps.
    your absolutely right. To me World class isn't always the biggest heaviest waves, Although i like those too, but just good set ups. head high clean and breaking forever is just as good.

I moved 3.5 hours from the beach for a girl. I made her a deal that I would do it for her to do what she needed to do after she graduated college, but eventually we would have to move back to the beach.

I lasted 3 years, in that time we did get married. Now we have 3 kids and they all surf and the only trips we go on revolve around surfing pretty much.

So make a compromise, if you don't want to lose her but let her know that your heart is at the beach with her

Quote Originally Posted by winterblows View Post
    I moved 3.5 hours from the beach for a girl. I made her a deal that I would do it for her to do what she needed to do after she graduated college, but eventually we would have to move back to the beach.

I lasted 3 years, in that time we did get married. Now we have 3 kids and they all surf and the only trips we go on revolve around surfing pretty much.

So make a compromise, if you don't want to lose her but let her know that your heart is at the beach with her
    so you moved back?

I just typed this really long response and realized I hadn't answered your question so I deleted it. To answer your question, from a guy who did move inland for a girl (wife).... if you have to ask yourself that question, you probably shouldn't do it.

Only you know the answer to that. If you know she is the one for you, you probably wouldn't be asking this question. If you know she isn't, don't bother. If you're not sure either way, well.... then you should probably take some more time and you will know the answer soon enough. Best of luck.

TM

your absolutely right. To me World class isn't always the biggest heaviest waves, Although i like those too, but just good set ups. head high clean and breaking forever is just as good.
    I agree 100%, not all about the size, but the quality

Images
    like you, i just like head high and clean with occ plus sets....makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside

Personally, I wouldn't take a **** 20 minutes inland.

What's GOOD?

KLUB PRIME

KP all day beezy