LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Va beach water

Hybrid View

Va beach water

Anyone have info. on the water conditions in Virginia Beach. Went for a swim yesterday and today. Water is red and smells like a$$. You can actually see it cloud around your hands when you are treading water...'Red Tide' event or runoff from the pig farms south of here? I've been here on and off for 12 years and never seen it this bad.

Images
    yeah that **** was nassssssssty. I have no info on it, but it was sketching me out. ducked my board underwater and it was straight yellow/brown

saw a no swimming sign posted somewhere on the outer banks today but it was on the news and it was muted while I was working. Smelled similar to some runoff I've smelled out west. I dunno.

Industrial pollution, raw untreated sewage, street runoff... the authorities won't tell you or anyone else because it would impact the tourism revenue & the tax dollars that our elected vampires desperately need to sustain their appointed rounds of futility.

Cheaper to treat the relatively few staph infections that arise from the bile in the water than shut the coast down in prime turista time. Besides, the people who get sick from the ocean won't make the connection to each other & the hospital records are all confidential anyways.

I'm not paranoid nor over-reacting. Any nation where over 60% of the beaches along their coastline can be closed due to sewage pollution (west coast) at any given moment has got its priorities pretty screwed up.

Welcome to the newest Third World country....I love my country, but we are destroying it, on land & on sea & in the air. USA USA USA
    Last edited by yankee; Aug 8, 2012 at 11:21 PM.

Images
    well i feel alright today lol so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    well i feel alright today lol so far so good.
    Strong blood. 'The fortunate son.'

Images
    I was wondering the same thing.. I surfed in this crap and my eyes got irritated quick. It's been like this at my spot since last Friday.

Surfed ?? Surfed what ? 1 to 2 feet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonyz View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.. I surfed in this crap and my eyes got irritated quick. It's been like this at my spot since last Friday.

Images
    i've been in sandbridge since saturday, water is definitely murky and reddish/brown... but the waves have been fun, 1-3', consistent and peeling... small swell but non-stop with bigger sets and very well organized. i was hoping for some hurricane swell this week but it looks like ernesto is set on the gulf and florence is not going to make it anywhere near here while i'm in virginia. i rented a classic 9'6 log so it's perfect for these conditions and good practice for when i get back to the summertime 3-4'+ ssw swell in sd. i always feel like i have better footing and control after taking a break from my 5'2 or 5'4 sticks.

i feel great, sore from all the waves but i don't think the water has had any effect on my immune system. it's definitely grimy out there, but nothing like sd after heavy rains... just take a hot shower right after getting out

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey1982va View Post
    Surfed ?? Surfed what ? 1 to 2 feet ?
    Pretty much. haha