LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Va beach water

Surfed ?? Surfed what ? 1 to 2 feet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonyz View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.. I surfed in this crap and my eyes got irritated quick. It's been like this at my spot since last Friday.

Images
    i've been in sandbridge since saturday, water is definitely murky and reddish/brown... but the waves have been fun, 1-3', consistent and peeling... small swell but non-stop with bigger sets and very well organized. i was hoping for some hurricane swell this week but it looks like ernesto is set on the gulf and florence is not going to make it anywhere near here while i'm in virginia. i rented a classic 9'6 log so it's perfect for these conditions and good practice for when i get back to the summertime 3-4'+ ssw swell in sd. i always feel like i have better footing and control after taking a break from my 5'2 or 5'4 sticks.

i feel great, sore from all the waves but i don't think the water has had any effect on my immune system. it's definitely grimy out there, but nothing like sd after heavy rains... just take a hot shower right after getting out

Some of that is up here in Maryland as well. Lots of small and big fish around and murky, fishy, smelly water. Funny thing is it came in with the south wind and cold water.
    Last edited by Zippy; Aug 9, 2012 at 02:24 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey1982va View Post
    Surfed ?? Surfed what ? 1 to 2 feet ?
    Pretty much. haha

You might need to add a new selection on the forecast page under "Best Wetsuit": Biohazard Level 4 ...

It's all that "sea dumping" going on, the thread from a couple weeks ago must have made it really popular and EVERYBODY is doing it now

The answer is this...they are dredging Rudee Inlet. That pipe sticking out of the sand at 7th street is where it comes out. Super disgusting. The dopest part about the Jetty is that it holds it in there! I spent Tuesday evening down there getting snipped by crabs along with everyone else. The flounder were on top of the water like crazy. Heck, I had dolphins on the inside so to speak (like we've got an outer reef haha). Honestly, I have never seen it this bad in at least a while. All of that nasty run-off from the rains we've seen lately end up in Rudee (notice all of those rusted, busted pipes from the storm drain where everyone fishes). VA Beach is for sewer surfing (at least for the time being)!

8. check the "surfing after a rain" thread

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    It's all that "sea dumping" going on, the thread from a couple weeks ago must have made it really popular and EVERYBODY is doing it now

Haha that was suggested to clear the peak. Just when you thought it was radical to baste yourself up Gary Busey style and jump in an oven, a new sensation is now sweeping the nation. When you are done pooping in your wetsuit, move 5-6 hours inland, make $300 K/year, beat up locals since they will be so intimidated by you and start a thread about it. Whatever happened to that guy anyway haha?
    Last edited by KillaKiel; Aug 9, 2012 at 03:23 PM.

I remember surfing 1st st last fall with that big pipe sticking out and brown gunk gushing out of that thing.

I also got sick from surfing there last winter. I was pulling out chunks from my nose it was gross.