LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    My bad habit has been dropping EVERYTHING to go surf from one ft on up. Surfs Up!

Trying to bury the rail and kill it on too small/weak a wave. Sometimes you just have to do flat turns, no matter how badly you want to lay down a HACK. I've blown more waves on that first top turn more times than I care to count. Usually happens on one of the first waves of a session, when I'm overamped before I settle down. It especially sucks when it's the best wave of the session... you can't get it back... you blew it and fell off like a kook on the wave of the day.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Aug 10, 2012 at 01:33 PM.

I will say that spending time on the log has made me correct a lot of my bad habits that I formed on the short boards. Going back to the basics is great for you.

Quote Originally Posted by darippah View Post
    I'm perfect, but sounds like you need to try surfing without a leash every once in a while. You'll learn very quickly

in all seriousness my issue definitely foot placement
    HAHA, i've surfed without a leash, but I don't make a habit of it, I get what your saying though

Images
    i wish i wasn't so heavy footed... when i walk my longboards its sounds like thunder.

I try to generate too much power from my front leg on turns, particularly off the top. Bought a Carver skateboard about a month ago so have been practicing on land using my back leg. It's never too late to teach an old dog new tricks. I hope.

1. being too low on the wave face pulling into the barrel. not sure why this happens but i think i need to be mindful of it. usually doesn't happen on days w/ lots of barrels but moreso when i'm not really expecting it? will cause me to pull out sometimes b/c i don't have enough speed to make it. really frustrating.

2. fear of pulling into barrel in really shallow water. not sure if this is a bad thing.

Not checking out different breaks to see if their going off.I have 3 favorite spots and don't check anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    this is mine as well. my favorite is getting in the perfect spot, then not crouching low enough, and getting punched in the face by the lip... :/
    A few weeks ago I tried to pull in and got guillotined across the back of my neck by the lip of the wave. When I came up, there was an old dude on a log laughing so hard at me, I thought he was going to have a heart attack. I had a good laugh too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Not eating or drinking properly leading to CRAMPS!!!
    amen, hate that!