LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    banging my knee into the deck when i get up
    on a related note, i tend to "steer" out of waves i miss or back off of w/ my right knee, leading to all my boards having HUGE deck crushes just ahead of the front fin by the rail. that, & kicking when i paddle for waves. doesn't do ****, but i do it anyway.

proly surfing with a boner

[QUOTE=mitchell;135433]barrell dodging is my bad habit.

- take too low a line and get axed on the head

When I go backside (rights) I always go too low, stall my bottom turn and before I can get high enough to correct my line, I get hammered.

That and almost always going left - no matter how the wave is breaking - so I don't get hammered.

My favorite is paddling for the first wave of the set, missing it, then taking the remaining set waves on the head.

Images
    Backing out of waves I could've/should've gotten

Surfing with my feet too close together and using exaggerated body english to turn the board. Also avoiding ledging waves and taking the safer shoulders rather than digging for the peak. This has gotten worse with every year of age, lol.

Images
    leaving waves to find waves

Pushing my chin into my board when trying hard to catch a wave

Sometimes when I'm landing my 720 inverted reverse judo airs I'll get a little wide in my stance. Also, every time I do a complete 360 flip in the barrel I tend to instantly 'claim' it. I know its a bad habbit. I'm trying to stay humble. Oh, one last one - when Kate Hudson comes running down the beach to give me a huge boob hug after a session I tend to rock a semi in my trunks before we get back to the crib for a 3 three hour tantric session. The semi is more an embarrasment than a bad habit, but still.

spray watching at the end of a turn