LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Will this weekend be anything special?

I have not been able to hit the surf at all this summer due to lack of waves, with a twist of work. Should I make the two hour trip to OC this weekend based off the swellinfo report for saturday?

Go for it, there will be some surf to play with on sunday. But dont bother surfing at popular spots, it will be insanely crowded. There should be enough size to go to breaks of less quality and of course fewer d-bags!

nope...

oh wait you're going to MD?

yea man go it'll be fun.

Stay at home.......

Not trying to be a smart ass but there is a button at the top of the page that says FORECAST on it, give it a go... see what happens, it could answer all your questions, I checked and by the looks of the area you are going, it should be fairly obvious if there are waves coming or not.

if you haven't surfed all summer, i'm sure some bobbing around in some windswell will do you justice

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Not trying to be a smart ass but there is a button at the top of the page that says FORECAST on it, give it a go... see what happens, it could answer all your questions, I checked and by the looks of the area you are going, it should be fairly obvious if there are waves coming or not.
    hes just asking if people think the swell will hold true to the forecast most likely because last weeks was a bust for a lot of places and he doesnt want to make a 2 hour drive for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboardNJ View Post
    hes just asking if people think the swell will hold true to the forecast most likely because last weeks was a bust for a lot of places and he doesnt want to make a 2 hour drive for nothing.
    I understand his question but thanks for clarifying. My point was his guess is as good as ours if you are looking at the forecasts available. I too have a 2hr drive on Sunday (every week i do), so i'm not trying to get skunked, you gotta utilize the tools available and make your education decision and then from there you either go on faith that the report is accurate, which if you are looking at SI of Surfline, it's almost always on point, so not much to worry about if it's looking good up until the point that you go out the door in the morning. Having HD Cams from Surfline helps me as well, but not everybody has that luxury I guess.

"Special?"

I wouldn't go that far...

I'm going dinosaur wrangling with Jesus this weekend.