Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 88
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Treasure Island , FL
    Posts
    350
    Well there is a bit of truth to that but usually its better at Marias or domes. IF, and I say if the wind is calm, you might find good waves at sandys but its almost always better around the corner at Marias. PM me and I will give you the solid lowdown or even my phone number because I have been going there for 10 years and I can help you a lot. Everything from where to get in and out of the water and where its no big deal. Also what to do when it drops off in Rincon, which it will.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    11,102
    Quote Originally Posted by StuckontheGulf View Post
    Well there is a bit of truth to that but usually its better at Marias or domes. IF, and I say if the wind is calm, you might find good waves at sandys but its almost always better around the corner at Marias. PM me and I will give you the solid lowdown or even my phone number because I have been going there for 10 years and I can help you a lot. Everything from where to get in and out of the water and where its no big deal. Also what to do when it drops off in Rincon, which it will.
    Thanks man i appreciate it, i'll PM you in a minute.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    867
    Images
    1
    I have been wanting to take some quiver pics for a little while now, thanks to this thread for the motivation to drag everything out in the yard. Some nice ones so far!





    From top to bottom (& left to right):

    1. 9' Stewart Colin McPhillips Performance Noserider
    2. 5'5" Lost Round Nose Fish
    3. 5'10" Lost FST Stealth
    4. 5'10" Roberts Black Thumb
    5. 148 Forum Street Dweller/Flux Bindings
    6. 149 Technine Team Rasta/Union Contact Bindings
    7. Super old Chuck Barfoot longboard cruiser
    8. Carver Green Room
    9. Super old Baker skateboard
    10. Deckcrafters skateboard
    11. Bowl/pool skateboard deck
    12. Homemade handplane and some Churchill fins

    Not sure how all this fits in my small one bedroom apartment!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA BEACH
    Posts
    1,371
    Images
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    I have been wanting to take some quiver pics for a little while now, thanks to this thread for the motivation to drag everything out in the yard. Some nice ones so far!





    From top to bottom (& left to right):

    1. 9' Stewart Colin McPhillips Performance Noserider
    2. 5'5" Lost Round Nose Fish
    3. 5'10" Lost FST Stealth
    4. 5'10" Roberts Black Thumb
    5. 148 Forum Street Dweller/Flux Bindings
    6. 149 Technine Team Rasta/Union Contact Bindings
    7. Super old Chuck Barfoot longboard cruiser
    8. Carver Green Room
    9. Super old Baker skateboard
    10. Deckcrafters skateboard
    11. Bowl/pool skateboard deck
    12. Homemade handplane and some Churchill fins

    Not sure how all this fits in my small one bedroom apartment!



    if you don't live with a girl it will fit....my girlfriend takes up all the room

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    kailua-kona
    Posts
    435
    Images
    2



    Westside Big Island quiver: from left to right and top to bottom:
    7'0" World Core funboard (good for bigger waves with channels/long paddles out)
    6'6" mike daniels coil step-up
    6"2" epoxy Hague (go-to, works in most anything even as a twin in thigh high)
    6'2" Pang modern fish (fast, fun, not a beak nose fan though)
    6'0" Jesse Fernandez egg
    6'0" Mike Jacobs small-wave shorty
    missing 9'0" HP surftech, 6'2" Hague epoxy 5 fin shortboard back in DE.
    Last edited by oipaul; Aug 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    867
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    if you don't live with a girl it will fit....my girlfriend takes up all the room
    Haha funny thing is my wife is ok with my boards stashed all over the place. I give her the whole closet for her clothes and I guess I can have my boards.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA BEACH
    Posts
    1,371
    Images
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    Haha funny thing is my wife is ok with my boards stashed all over the place. I give her the whole closet for her clothes and I guess I can have my boards.

    lucky...i have one wall to lean mine on lol

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Crystal Coast,N.C.
    Posts
    407
    Images
    24
    2 6'10 quads, a 6'8 tri/quad and a 9'HP quad SurfCulture. Local Shaper only!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #39
    Here's my modest quiver of boards I shaped in the last 2 years. (the pink one was shaped for my sister but she doesn't surf much so I've taken it out a few times this summer.)

    2012-08-22_13-36-35_422.jpg2012-08-22_13-37-23_358.jpg

    Left to Right:
    6'3" single winged egg thing
    6'9" girlie paddle machine (single)
    6'3" Morning of the Earth Wayne, MP inspired tube seeker single fin
    5'8" round tail turbo Lynch, MP wannabe 2+1 convertible (single, widowmaker, twin, thruster...)

    ...the 6'3" has been waiting for it's day for a while....

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    2,448
    Images
    272
    Nice...but shorten up those rail busters...i mean leash loops