LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StuckontheGulf View Post
    Honestly since I got the Transformer II I haven't hadly used any of the others. It floats better since none of the others are EPS. It gets into waves easier with the width and volume forward. I took it to PR for Easter this year. It was 2-4 ft overhead when I got there and it handled it great! When the swell subsided I switched it to quad and hit wilderness for a few days. The thing is my magic carpet ride for sure. On a side note we stayed at Fisheye overlooking Marias and it was awesome. They have a pool where you can watch the surf and it keeps the family happy. You just walk down the hill and hit it brah. I took these from the pool deck and of course the only pics my wife got were from small Wildo.
    I stayed there a year ago for my first trip to PR. Great place the Fisheye View!

so i finally got around to getting all my boards together for a group shot (my recent push to minimize helped)!

L-R:
    5'8"x21"x2 1/2" (33.9L) ...Lost LayZboy
    5'10"x20 3/4"x2 9/16" (34.5L) Campbell Bros. Octafish
    6'0"x20 1/2"x2 5/8" (35L) Wynn 5 fin egg
    6'4"x19 1/4"x2 1/2" (32.5L) Campbell Bros. hpsb
    6'4"x21"x2 1/2" (34.5L) Bing 3 fin bonzer
    9'6"x23 1/2"x3 1/8" Wynn Si Si Slider

not pictured (b/c, naturally, i forgot some): 14' Bark prone paddleboard & Voit Duckfeet swim fins, size L.
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Sep 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM. Reason: added volume #'s...all of which are highly approximate, except for the Lost, which has it on the stringer

^^That is like 23 fins for 6 boards. You really must love those bonzers, bro! They look really sweet. Which one is your favorite, and why. I am curious because I plan on making one in about a year, once I do some in water research. I've got a bud who has a few, and one was made by my local shaper, so I will get to try one out one of these days, once I catch him out in the lineup and he gets tired ( he never gets tired - the dude is old as dirt but he still skates and has a second home in Costa Rica, and he is a drummer). That's why I figure it will be about a year till I figure out what to do shape wise. I really like the second one, the swallow tail. That looks like it can go on anything and get mad speed, and still hold up on big hollow stuff while being able to do crazy turns and hacks.

One of everything

Photo on 2013-09-25 at 18.50.jpg

10' 4" Focus Hawaii SUP
    10' Modern "Old Skool"
    9' 1" Modern "Blackbird"
    6' 4" Surftech "Bush Man"
    5' 11" Haze
    5' 11" Quad Fish

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    so i finally got around to getting all my boards together for a group shot (my recent push to minimize helped)!

L-R:
    5'8"x21"x2 1/2" ...Lost LayZboy
    5'10"x20 3/4"x2 9/16" Campbell Bros. Octafish
    6'0"x20 1/2"x2 5/8" Wynn 5 fin egg
    6'4"x19 1/4"x2 1/2" Campbell Bros. hpsb
    6'4"x21"x2 1/2" Bing 3 fin bonzer
    9'6"x23 1/2"x3 1/8" Wynn Si Si Slider

not pictured (b/c, naturally, i forgot some): 14' Bark prone paddleboard & Voit Duckfeet swim fins, size L.

Hold on a minute partner! Where's the following that you listed the other day?
    shortest to longest:
    5'8" bing puck (fcs quad)
    5'10 ci wizard sleeve (fcs 5 fin)
    6'0" ci neckbeard (fcs 5 fin)
    6'3" wynn hpsb roundtail (fcs 5 fin)
    6'4" roberts blackthumb (futures tri)
    6'8" ci fort knox step up

You owe us at least 6 more pics!

Quote Originally Posted by PhiloSurfer View Post
    Hold on a minute partner! Where's the following that you listed the other day?

You owe us at least 6 more pics!
    HA! that was almost a year (& 30+lbs) ago! they were sold, traded, or (in a few cases) ridden to death.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    ^^That is like 23 fins for 6 boards. You really must love those bonzers, bro! They look really sweet. Which one is your favorite, and why...I really like the second one, the swallow tail. That looks like it can go on anything...
    you pretty much nailed it. my main go-to boards are the layzboy (longboard cheater/groveler), the octafish (waist high + "daily driver"), & the 6'4" round tail (HH-DOH). i don't really ride my log that frequently, but acknowledge the necessity of owning one here in nj, & the wynn & bing are both kept as kind of alternatives to the regularly scheduled program.
    if i had to choose a favorite, i'd probably go w/ the octafish b/c it's so versatile...it really will go in just about anything. w/ the way the tail is pulled in & the volume distributed, i feel like it'll still hold up to a couple feet OH unless it's super critical, then the relatively flat entry rocker would work against you on the take off.
    the egg is also a super versatile design, made more so by adding the bonzer configuration to it. the main difference between this & say, a 6'0" hypto krypto (other than bottom contour & fins) is that the tail on the wynn isn't quite as pulled in. of course, the extreme cant of the bonzer side fins & size of the center fin would compensate for that, allowing you to still get high & tight in the pocket.
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Sep 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM.

7'4" Todd Sutz (Island Inspired) Funboard
    6'10" Gary Wilson Egg
    6'8" Phil Taylor Zero
    6'4" Kechele Grinder

About to sell the funboard and buy a 10' nose rider.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

7'4" Todd Sutz (Island Inspired) Funboard
    6'10" Gary Wilson Egg
    6'8" Phil Taylor Zero
    6'4" Kechele Grinder

About to sell the funboard and buy a 10' nose rider.
    It looks like you may have an issue with the water heater. BTW why do you all have more than one board?

Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    BTW why do you all have more than one board?
    The simplest answer is because we like surfboards; but more importantly, sometimes the waves look like this:

And sometimes they look like this:

So sometimes you want a board that looks like this:

And other times you want a board that looks like this:

I can't remember the last day I didn't go surfing, so it's probably been 3 or 4 weeks that's usually when I start getting fuzzy about it. Every single one of those days has been different. I live close enough that I don't usually check the cams or the forecast, I just grab a board and go, there are days when I get out and turn right around to get another board. Somedays I feel like riding an egg, sometimes a HPLB, somedays I want to grovel on a Dumpster Diver; even if the waves did break the exact same way every time, every one of those boards is going to ride differently and variety is the spice of life.

Mickey Munoz put it best,
    “There are no bad waves, only a poor choice of equipment and a lousy attitude.”
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Sep 26, 2013 at 03:28 PM.