LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    HA! that was almost a year (& 30+lbs) ago! they were sold, traded, or (in a few cases) ridden to death.
    in 2007, I was up to 6 boards lying around that, for whatever reason, I didn't ride much anymore...kept mostly because I didn't think anyone would buy them. Then I just said "screw it", listed them and they all sold in a few weeks. Since then, I've bought plenty of boards, but have been careful not to let them pile up (people aren't buying old beat up boards like they used to).

Right now, I have 2 boards: a 6'4" Quite Flight "Atlas" for medium waves and a 5'8" Lost "Couch Potato" for small waves (all I got is my sh*tty cell phone cam right now...won't subject you to that)

I should probably get something for larger waves, again, but, after discovering snowboarding in 2006, I've just been jamming up to the mtns after winter storms.
    Last edited by waterbaby; Sep 26, 2013 at 05:25 AM.

this again? reminds me that I need to shake some ni66az down and collect a few of my loaners. Maybe I'll finally go pick up my repair from Austin, only been ready for a month...

Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    BTW why do you all have more than one board?
    you sound like many (most) of the girls i broke up w/ before i met my wife...

i have more than one board b/c i don't believe in the concept of a "quiver killer". i believe that to be a well-rounded surfer, one must be prepared to ride whatever comes your way, be knee-high peelers or OH mackers. to that end, a minimum of 3 boards are required (at least here in nj): a longboard or longboard cheater/groveler, an "everyday" waist-chest/head high board, & a board for HH+ days. that's the absolute minimum, IMO, to make the most out of surfing on the east coast. i have more than that b/c i get bored riding a log all the time in small surf, so i also have a longboard cheater, which allows me to throw some turns in gutless knee-high waves. sometimes i don't want to surf the octafish, i want to take a more classic or mellow line, so i'll ride the bing or the wynn egg. but when it's on, there's still nothing quite like a good hpsb under your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    It looks like you may have an issue with the water heater. BTW why do you all have more than one board?
    Not sure what you are talking about with the water heater. It is insulated and is not even really warm to touch. As for multiple surfboards, that means I have something for every condition and riding style.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    so i finally got around to getting all my boards together for a group shot (my recent push to minimize helped)!

L-R:
    5'8"x21"x2 1/2" (33.9L) ...Lost LayZboy
    5'10"x20 3/4"x2 9/16" (34.5L) Campbell Bros. Octafish
    6'0"x20 1/2"x2 5/8" (35L) Wynn 5 fin egg
    6'4"x19 1/4"x2 1/2" (32.5L) Campbell Bros. hpsb
    6'4"x21"x2 1/2" (34.5L) Bing 3 fin bonzer
    9'6"x23 1/2"x3 1/8" Wynn Si Si Slider

not pictured (b/c, naturally, i forgot some): 14' Bark prone paddleboard & Voit Duckfeet swim fins, size L.
    Man Dave,I guess you do like Bonzers .Sweet boards.

Images
    Quiver.jpgquiver3.jpg
    I think this is most of them except for a 6'3" single fin that is a blast to ride.

That's a nice Retro Fish. Looks a lot like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by delawaredell View Post
    Quiver.jpgquiver3.jpg
    I think this is most of them except for a 6'3" single fin that is a blast to ride.
    Is that blue/yellow one your travel board? Looks like it has been folded up and stuffed in a suit case a few times

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Man Dave,I guess you do like Bonzers .Sweet boards.
    yup! thanks...now you know why i've been selling off just about every single set of fcs & futures fins i owned!

How much do you want for that 6'2 pang?

Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post

Westside Big Island quiver: from left to right and top to bottom:
    7'0" World Core funboard (good for bigger waves with channels/long paddles out)
    6'6" mike daniels coil step-up
    6"2" epoxy Hague (go-to, works in most anything even as a twin in thigh high)
    6'2" Pang modern fish (fast, fun, not a beak nose fan though)
    6'0" Jesse Fernandez egg
    6'0" Mike Jacobs small-wave shorty
    missing 9'0" HP surftech, 6'2" Hague epoxy 5 fin shortboard back in DE.