LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To swellinfo admin HERE WE GO AGAIN

Again...Almost Every single forecast, there is more of a westerly component of that actual swell than what is forecasted.
    If you do verification with station 44097 you will see this.

Currently a 226 degree swell(due sw) when it's forecast to be SSE at 10pm

If the forecast says a S swell....it's either SSW or SW On the block island buoy.
    If the forecast says SW swell....It's WSW.

It's like clockwork. THere's a south bias on the models. I've seen this year after year during the summer on south swell events.

Again NOT a knock on this site. It's a great site. Just something I notice with the models.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Aug 11, 2012 at 02:06 AM.

Images
    Shut up dude HERE WE GO AGAIN with another useless post

I think he's angling for a job, he'll perfect the RI report. HE KNOWS THERES A BIAS!!!!!!!!!!! Damn you Swellinfo why? Why does there have to be a bias?

better this than the standard "BRO THIS SITE SUKS UR FORECASTING SUKS IM GOIN 2 SURFLINE". at least he's got some data behind his criticism.

again, the lesson here is sw swells suck, no matter how you slice it.
    Last edited by mOtion732; Aug 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM.

Images
    only type of south swell we get is SE...were not getting jack from this. atleast you all got some bumps out there

Yeah man seriously, WTH. I mean, the swell was better than forecasted this morning...SO LAME! I totally wish it said double overhead so everyone and their mom would be out! Yet again Swell Info, you have kept the crowds away...I love you (in a platonic way).

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Again...Almost Every single forecast, there is more of a westerly component of that actual swell than what is forecasted.

If the forecast says a S swell....it's either SSW or SW On the block island buoy.

It's like clockwork. THere's a south bias on the models. I've seen this year after year during the summer on south swell events.

Again NOT a knock on this site. It's a great site. Just something I notice with the models.
    SwellInfo owes you NOTHING!!! lol.

and this is why they call it a forecast. That worried, drive your happy butt down to the beach and check it yourself, don't whine....I got a little cheese for you

tourist thing

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post

Swell is working with the government to increase more tourists = raise profits in tourist attraction areas = blue ball locals. damn obama...

God how I wish you kids grew up in a time before the internet. If we wanted to surf, we called Shags on Indianlantic and got a live report. If it was 2-4 or bigger, we went east. After a 3 hour drive, you got there and it was dead flat or 4-6 ft. You never knew if it was getting bigger or smaller. Man up and quit whining. Your lucky to live in a time when you can pull up a forecast on your phone. I for one want to thank you swellinfo for your work. I appreciate it more than you know. Like my dad used to say, "What do you want for nothing, your money back?"