LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    anywhere there is surf
    Posts
    676
    Images
    2
    Thanks meatloaf...next swell im there...lol...i had too say it

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by cackedinri View Post
    half the cars in the lot arent even from ri some days. and old people love going here, on the regs. its not like the dude was talking about the place that rhymes with stickies or zuckermans or courtney files per sour
    "stickies"? LOL You're kidding me right? That's your secret spot? Even non surfers know about that place. It's close out garbage most of the time. Not only that, but it's miles of beach break with a ton of peaks. It's all the same with plenty of room to spread out. Once in a great while it turns into the A-frame hollow heavy puerto escondido of Rhode Island. It's very fickle.

    I know "zuckermans", but I have absolutely no idea what the hell courtney flies per sour means. What's the purpose of spot naming anyway on a public internet forum? And what difference does out of state plates make? RI IS TINY. Small state mentality. CT and Ma plates are local surfers. This isn't california.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Aug 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM.

  3. #13
    Used to regularly surf Pt. J as a CT native.....We'd check Matunuck first, then out to Pt. J, and round out in town Narra....then decide where and hit it..... now we all moved to Oahu for the rest of our lives.

    Surfhale.com

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    herd of cats, usa
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    "stickies"? LOL You're kidding me right? That's your secret spot? Even non surfers know about that place. It's close out garbage most of the time. Not only that, but it's miles of beach break with a ton of peaks. It's all the same with plenty of room to spread out. Once in a great while it turns into the A-frame hollow heavy puerto escondido of Rhode Island. It's very fickle.

    I know "zuckermans", but I have absolutely no idea what the hell courtney flies per sour means. What's the purpose of spot naming anyway on a public internet forum? And what difference does out of state plates make? RI IS TINY. Small state mentality. CT and Ma plates are local surfers. This isn't california.
    i just dont get it when people get irate over spot naming. they arent posting pics of spots so its nothing. check wannasurf.com, theres no secrets in the northeast corridor. also, this kind of thing regulates itself. kooks see rocks and probably dont go in. if they do they get in,they get swept around by the currents for 45 min and then paddle in with bruises on their feet and a dinged up board and go back to the beach. if this doesnt happen then they can actually surf and unfortunately its another dude who can take waves from everyone else. i dont care about license plates but im just saying, wait til theres a ton of jersey plates at PJ on a cane swell. everyone knows. and the jers dudes that actually surf heavy beach break all year can surf anywhere so idc where youre from, bruh

  5. The surf report I do gets about 100 hits per day and I have yet to see any of the spots I check get anymore crowded than usual. Before I moved here from FL I had never stepped foot in RI, yet I still knew about Pt. Judith. If you hop on Surfline it lists all the big spots around the state, and a few other sites name even the "local" secrets. I found a head high left with nobody on it somewhere in the dead center of the bay because you cant keep a secret if you slap a bunch of surf stickers on the no parking signs in front of the wooded entrance.

    There is no more secrets from key west up to mid maine, there may be spots that are less known, but crowd control has nothing to do with posting on the forum after the session.

    If anything you should be hounding me for posting pictures and updating a website before most guys paddle out, and if that were the case I would just laugh at you.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by cackedinri View Post
    i just dont get it when people get irate over spot naming. they arent posting pics of spots so its nothing. check wannasurf.com, theres no secrets in the northeast corridor. also, this kind of thing regulates itself. kooks see rocks and probably dont go in. if they do they get in,they get swept around by the currents for 45 min and then paddle in with bruises on their feet and a dinged up board and go back to the beach. if this doesnt happen then they can actually surf and unfortunately its another dude who can take waves from everyone else. i dont care about license plates but im just saying, wait til theres a ton of jersey plates at PJ on a cane swell. everyone knows. and the jers dudes that actually surf heavy beach break all year can surf anywhere so idc where youre from, bruh
    I didn't get irate. I asked nicely. Peace.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,511
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    i didn't get irate. I asked nicely. Peace.
    stop yelling at me!

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingwasteland View Post

    There is no more secrets from key west up to mid maine, there may be spots that are less known, but crowd control has nothing to do with posting on the forum after the session.

    If anything you should be hounding me for posting pictures and updating a website before most guys paddle out, and if that were the case I would just laugh at you.
    Just for your information it isnt your blog that is making it more crowded, but the spots you check have certainly become much more busy over the past 5 years there is no doubt, ask any long term resident surfers. The internet has made people more informed about spots (not the people that are already into surfing here, but the people that are new and exploring or driving from far to get here). Getting good forecast of conditions has made surfing more crowded as well, less being out with few and getting lucky with a swell, instead their are thousands watching the forecast (me included) and frothing for waves the second they are forecasted. Internet has made surfing in NE more approachable. Unfortunately it makes people feel like they dont need to be respectful of the people that live there because "well its not like this spot is secret, its on the internet" so apparently that gives them the right to not pick up trash, invite all their friends and their friends, drive and park like assholes, and im not even talking about the behavior surfing. We all are visitors to other surfbreaks at times, so when you show up just behave decently, smile and make some effort to follow the standard surf etiquette.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Nateme16 View Post
    Unfortunately it makes people feel like they dont need to be respectful of the people that live there because "well its not like this spot is secret, its on the internet" so apparently that gives them the right to not pick up trash, invite all their friends and their friends, drive and park like assholes, and im not even talking about the behavior surfing. We all are visitors to other surfbreaks at times, so when you show up just behave decently, smile and make some effort to follow the standard surf etiquette.
    It seems to always come down to this doesn't it? People are just too imperfect, it will never happen

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Nateme16 View Post
    Just for your information it isnt your blog that is making it more crowded, but the spots you check have certainly become much more busy over the past 5 years there is no doubt, ask any long term resident surfers. The internet has made people more informed about spots (not the people that are already into surfing here, but the people that are new and exploring or driving from far to get here). Getting good forecast of conditions has made surfing more crowded as well, less being out with few and getting lucky with a swell, instead their are thousands watching the forecast (me included) and frothing for waves the second they are forecasted. Internet has made surfing in NE more approachable. Unfortunately it makes people feel like they dont need to be respectful of the people that live there because "well its not like this spot is secret, its on the internet" so apparently that gives them the right to not pick up trash, invite all their friends and their friends, drive and park like assholes, and im not even talking about the behavior surfing. We all are visitors to other surfbreaks at times, so when you show up just behave decently, smile and make some effort to follow the standard surf etiquette.

    I don't post alot of spots because I want to have solo sessions, honestly I can't say I really enjoy doing the report anymore, and have thought about quitting it numerous times because of the amount of disrespect I have noticed from visitors to the breaks, not only to the guys that live here but to the ocean/beach itself.

    I was hoping that through the report it would gain traffic to my site where I am trying to raise awareness for peoples carelessness of the earth and how it effects the things we enjoy... as it stands a majority of the people who visit only seem care about the "act" of surfing rather than the environment it relies on. It is somewhat of a bummer.

    Regardless, I completely agree with you on every point you made and I wish I could go back in time and check waves without the help of a computer.