LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    You guys make me feel bad about myself. I just moved to RI from Jersey - I need to surf! Well, I guess I am ok cuz my plates are RI plates now . . . My experience in RI including that rocky point place has been good so far, folks have been very nice when I say I just moved up, ask about the break, and ask if it's ok if I watch where they line up so I can get the read of the place. I'm not a kook, but not an expert, either I just want to surf more and get better.

at least people in RI will talk to you, in Jersey they look through you like you don't exist. And that is weird cuz the whole jersey coast for two hundred miles is just one jetty/beach break after another, miles and miles and miles of surf. Crummy as I may be most of the time.

I don't know any of your code names yet. But I try to be polite in the water. And if there is a clean up day at the beach I will help.

[QUOTE=Agabinet;136307] Crummy as I may be most of the time.

Sorry, that should be crummy as IT may be. I am crummy sometimes, not most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Agabinet View Post
    You guys make me feel bad about myself. I just moved to RI from Jersey - I need to surf! Well, I guess I am ok cuz my plates are RI plates now . . . My experience in RI including that rocky point place has been good so far, folks have been very nice when I say I just moved up, ask about the break, and ask if it's ok if I watch where they line up so I can get the read of the place. I'm not a kook, but not an expert, either I just want to surf more and get better.
    at least people in RI will talk to you, in Jersey they look through you like you don't exist. And that is weird cuz the whole jersey coast for two hundred miles is just one jetty/beach break after another, miles and miles and miles of surf. Crummy as I may be most of the time.

I don't know any of your code names yet. But I try to be polite in the water. And if there is a clean up day at the beach I will help.

Surfing is quite comical up here most of the time, i.e. last weekend's windswell. Best day was Friday night and the winds was blowing 25 mph from the south. Saturday and Sunday sucked with LA county style crowds, complete with flailing scrubs laying flat on their boards and total ripper brahs pumping down closeouts on thrusters all surfing next to each other. what a joke.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cackedinri View Post
    Saturday and Sunday sucked with LA county style crowds, complete with flailing scrubs laying flat on their boards and total ripper brahs pumping down closeouts on thrusters all surfing next to each other. what a joke.
    I've only been to Rhode Island once (and was lucky enough to score it big time...fall time of year, solid south swell pumping with west winds...all of the righthanders in Narragansett were working and I had a great session ..one of my best east coast seshs ever...smiled the entire 6 hour drive back to Delaware...even through ridic traffic on the Connecticut Turnpike) so i'm completely clueless about the crowd deal up there.

But it always seemed like with the parking so insane up there, the public access problems, and all of the cliffs and pockets, that if there was some swell from the south and you were willing to paddle a little ways, or park and walk a distance, that you could find something uncrowded. Probably too much hassle hiking or paddling in blind to some out of the way spot for waist high wind swell so everyone just goes to the easy spots?
    Last edited by mitchell; Aug 18, 2012 at 09:25 PM.

dude,i am so going to rhode island now!!!im goin to this so called secret spot u guys were kind enough to share,so i can snake all the guys,drop in on every body and run em over with my 11 ft roadrunner....

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I've only been to Rhode Island once (and was lucky enough to score it big time...fall time of year, solid south swell pumping with west winds...all of the righthanders in Narragansett were working and I had a great session ..one of my best east coast seshs ever...smiled the entire 6 hour drive back to Delaware...even through ridic traffic on the Connecticut Turnpike) so i'm completely clueless about the crowd deal up there.

But it always seemed like with the parking so insane up there, the public access problems, and all of the cliffs and pockets, that if there was some swell from the south and you were willing to paddle a little ways, or park and walk a distance, that you could find something uncrowded. Probably too much hassle hiking or paddling in blind to some out of the way spot for waist high wind swell so everyone just goes to the easy spots?
    We pick up these little dinky SW swells and if you wanna surf you gotta go somewhere that faces south. But yeah, a strong S or SE and all the gansett spots work and let people spread out. This is rare.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Probably too much hassle hiking or paddling in blind to some out of the way spot for waist high wind swell so everyone just goes to the easy spots?
    Nope. Easy coastal access in all areas that break in gansett from town beach all the way to the tip which is a nice thing.

Basically, just a high population for a few breaks unfortunately. It's as simple as that. That's why it's crowded
    You'd think that a wave breaking in area with huge hidden boulders everywhere(some about a foot or two beneath the surface in the impact zone) that you can shatter bones on or crack your skull would scare a lot of people away. Unfortunately, Nope it doesn't!
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Aug 19, 2012 at 02:37 AM.