LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WillyM View Post
    So over all base on the conditions I described above, which board do you guys think will be best for me? Diver or Neck beard? This will be my only board for a while. Thanks Everyone for the help!
    i suggest reading my long post (or the beginning at least if you don't have the attention span). but if you're really bent on one of those boards the dumpster diver will definitely provide you with the most versatility. if you don't plan on surfing anything over head high however, the neck beard would be my personal choice just because i enjoy riding them.

Quote Originally Posted by WillyM View Post
    So over all base on the conditions I described above, which board do you guys think will be best for me? Diver or Neck beard? This will be my only board for a while. Thanks Everyone for the help!

thanks primo for the solid recomendation - i ending up passing up on the 5'8. i was worried about it performing in the small stuff. im going to hold out for a board that im sure about. ill definitely take a look at the Disco.

Thank you everybody for the help, and for bearing with my repetitive questions. I did a ton of research, and then went in to my local shop and held both boards... I ended up walking away with a 5'6, chop tail, neck beard! It was better suited for the surf conditions I get here. Anyway, I got it in the water a few times this weekend... and I absolutely love it!!!! I was caching plenty of waves and they were just little, mushy 2 footers. I can only imagine how well this board will ride in clean chest high swell! I didn't think that I would walk away with the chop tail version, but I actually really like it! I know it looks weird, but give it a chance, and I guarantee that you will love it! It is a great all around board, and it rides like a skateboard, yet responds like a short board. I can't get enough of it; despite the terrible surf this weekend, I never came out of the water just cause I loved riding that board so much. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking at a small wave board that is versatile. I kept my 6'1 flyer for the bigger days; now if I through a 9 ft long board into the mix, I'll be able to ride almost anything! This is definitely my "go to board" now!

Thanks again every one, I really really appreciate the help, even though my questions were annoying haha.
    Last edited by WillyM; Sep 4, 2012 at 01:26 AM.