Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
I see so many people that are against popouts from overseas, always saying to buy local or American made boards. I agree completely with that, but these same people are buying leashes, trac pads and other surf products that are made in china. If you are so concerned with where the board is made then you should also make it a point to buy your other surf accessories from companies who manufacture in the US. Just seems kind of hypocritical to me.

As for my boards, I have had plenty of polys and one Firewire. The Firewire is much more durable and feels no different from my polys. I don't think I would ever buy one new for that price, but for a used board it has definitely held up well. I would also like to check out Coil sometime, I have heard lots of great things.
i love my sweet potato...but i think i will give in a get a wrv made ( as much as i despise seeing people come out from the woodwork riding yellowed out 7 foot wrv fun boards). I think I may get the nugget or flying nugget. anyone ride any of these? if so, what's the max wave height? seen a few reviews saying overhead but the website reviews say knee to chest. I am looking for something waist to overhead but as a performance hybrid, not hpsb.