LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    look at west wetsuits i had one and i loved it held up well too. really warm they use the limestone neoprene so it doesn't absorb water.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    Noone has mentioned Quiksilver at all... I can get a decent price on a 5/4 Cypher. Anyone have any experience with them?

In response to what someone else said about Xcel's weight, I got a 5/4 Drylock free from a website, and it is soooo thick and bulky compared to my Hyperflex Amp 5/4/3. I thought I was mistakenly comparing it to my 3/2 when I first picked up the Hyperflex.
    I have a 3/2 and 4/3 Quicksilver Cell which is the same model as the Cypher just a few years older. They are nice suits but the durability isn't that great. Although, that may just be because mine are older. I have a 5/4 Drylock currently and I like it. You like the Hyperflex better? How does the warmth compare to the Xcel? I have been thinking about trying them next since the price is good.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    I have a 5/4 Drylock currently and I like it. You like the Hyperflex better? How does the warmth compare to the Xcel? I have been thinking about trying them next since the price is good.
    Havent worn the Xcel yet, just got it last month. I was thinking of selling it and getting a new Amp, as mine is 3 years old; never had any issues, except for a bit of flushing, which is obviously not desireable in the winter...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    Havent worn the Xcel yet, just got it last month. I was thinking of selling it and getting a new Amp, as mine is 3 years old; never had any issues, except for a bit of flushing, which is obviously not desireable in the winter...
    Yeah I hear you there, the drawstring for the chest flap broke last year on my Xcel and now it flushes more than I would like. I was fine last year since we had such a warm winter but I don't know about this year. Overall, I am happy with the Xcel but you always have to wonder if there is better out there.

Exit98Surf: i really do like quiksilver, for it is warm and very flexible. I love the neoprene ,actually, yet the durability isn't quite there. i've had a 2mm short sleeeve full cypher for a little over a year and its falling apart.

unnecessary duckdive, never had good experiences with west wetty's.

my final answer in the matter: go billabong, (potentially ripcurl flashbomb, i've actually hated ripcurl until the flasbomb where im finally impressed about them), buell, or Japanese wetsuits.

No go: xcel (warm yet very inflexible), hyperflex (if you like hyperflex you've never experienced anything better), west, and jet pilot (yuck).

Maybe: Oneill (same suits since 2006 besides some marketing gimmicks)

Great suits besides the durability issue: quiksilver (made quantum leaps in their wetsuits the past few years)

PM with any further questions. i can opinions about everything because i'm a dic k