LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sketchy Waters

Quote Originally Posted by T Plugs View Post
    No need for a smart *ss remark
    I'm just kiddin' ya bub. I have seen a shark or two this summer myself. No me likey sharkey.

Surfing Sat morn at Topsail just me and my buddy out. Very grey sky and dark water, low visibility. Fish smell everywhere. My buddy looked over and a hughe bait ball was moving in the current. About that time a fin breaches the water and hits the bait ball. Fish jummpin everywhere. Only about a 4-6 ft sand shark or sand tiger but a little spooky still.

I was in Rhode this past Sunday and there was a washed up sea turtle on the beach. Never seen one outside of an aquirium within New England. Although dead I found it interesting as I did not think they were
    native to our waters but apparently they are out there....just like whitey.

someone caught a 6' black tip off of the avon pier yesterday. I was surfing there on sunday...

Ive noticed a lot more marine life activity as well, its a good thing though...less people in the line up haha

"6 bear encounters this spring/summer. 2 blacks and 2 browns while mt. biking, 1 brown while kayaking, and 1 brown cruising - cruuuising fast - through my yard"

Huge predators taking shortcuts through one's front yard would seem to trump the occasional fin sighting in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline.
    Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.
    - Hunter S. Thompson

this. sort of.

sharks, shmarks. i've had 6 bear encounters this spring/summer. 2 blacks and 2 browns while mt. biking, 1 brown while kayaking, and 1 brown cruising - cruuuising fast - through my yard (that's a big f-ing dog - that's not a dog!). civilization ends on the front porch...
    Much more dangerous IMO, wow dude, that's some shiznit right there

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Nothin' for nothin' but have you picked up on the tone in any of the other threads on this site over the past 7 years....?
    Brahahaha! Fo sho!

Quote Originally Posted by doro View Post
    I was in Rhode this past Sunday and there was a washed up sea turtle on the beach. Never seen one outside of an aquirium within New England. Although dead I found it interesting as I did not think they were
    native to our waters but apparently they are out there....just like whitey.
    Yup. Did a double take passing by that dumpster. Definitely weird for up here.

Images
    i've had 6 bear encounters this spring/summer
    No doubt, when I was living in North Jersey I would run into black bears at my garbage all the time. One of my sons first memories was calling to me that there was a bear outside his window. I yelled up to him to take his nap but he wouldn't give up. When I went in he was standing in his crib yelling dada bear, dada bear and pointing out his window. To my surprise there was a big black bear looking in at him not 6 feet from the crib.