LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sketchy Waters

Quote Originally Posted by daringharry View Post
    Yup. Did a double take passing by that dumpster. Definitely weird for up here.
    They put the turtle in a dumpster? That just seems wrong somehow...

My buddy and I surfed until dark last night with a fisherman on the beach throwing out chum.Pretty sketchie

I've always harbored a secret desire to round up some of my crazed buddies, get on one of their boats & motor on over to 1st Street in VA B.

Just hang out on the boat really close to the throng of regulars & the kooks there. Cast out a few hooks. Have one of the boyz start chumming the water in very full view of the kookamongas with a fake mixture of red tofu & other gory looking craaap. Then 'hook' a mako or a bullie that we have stashed on the deck. And watch the goobers in the water go completely batshiiiiite crazy.

No, THAT'S a great entertainment concept for one of those stupid tv shows.

U So Crazee.

That would be pretty funny, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleheadedyogurtslinger View Post
    someone caught a 6' black tip off of the avon pier yesterday. I was surfing there on sunday...
    They caught another smaller (3' ish) shark on Tuesday too. My wife has a few pics of it. She was on the beach under the pier when they dragged it to shore. Got a few snapshots of it. Gotta say those are pretty creatures. They get a bad rap.

I'll love to know the ratio of shark attacks to shore pound injuries in any given year. People are so afraid of sharks and then let their kids play in the shore pound. Go figure.

6. you are more likely to die in a car accident driving to go surf than you are to get attacked by a shark anywhere in the world.

I never understood people that worry about stupid **** like this, However its always humoring to hear people worry about sharks when they paddle out.

Quote Originally Posted by surfingwasteland View Post
    you are more likely to die in a car accident driving to go surf than you are to get attacked by a shark anywhere in the world.

I never understood people that worry about stupid **** like this, However its always humoring to hear people worry about sharks when they paddle out.
    ^^^ This, although it's a real possibility, albeit very very small % chance, it's still possible. So until I have visual confirmation and it's larger than me, i aint going nowhere