LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Haha...Dang it Zippy....you're right I missed the last "T". Haole... I do desevrve the sh*tty "friend" tag and I wouldn't be pissed if they were gone... surfed or thrown out... its just if they are not...well then... I've got some reconnecting to do

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    Haha...Dang it Zippy....you're right I missed the last "T". Haole... I do desevrve the sh*tty "friend" tag and I wouldn't be pissed if they were gone... surfed or thrown out... its just if they are not...well then... I've got some reconnecting to do
    Go for it man, nothing to lose, because if you haven't had them in the last few years, they already are "lost" but if you can get one back then that's one more board in your quiver

Quote Originally Posted by HaoleNJ View Post
    I have had "friends", like you, that leave there sh*t at my place to never be back to pick it up.

Call me and @ss hole for getting rid of the stuff they lift, but I call you an air head for leaving your stuff all over the east coast with no accountability.

Nothing personal towards you but if you left something, somewhere, and havent been in contact with the person, and it can reasonably be assumed you will not be back in the fore see able future.

Chalk it up as an L.
    I agree. I have a board at a friend's house in HI and do not want him to feel obligated to keep it if it is inconvenient. I've told him to please use it or pass it along if he needs the space. I look at it as a privilage not an obligation.

Let em go. you left them for someone else to look after, trip over or work around for over 5 years... They might have been using them. I would have sold them if they were in my way... If yu are in the area stop in and use them, but leave them there (if you "friends" want them) because they're not yours anymore.

Images
    good boards are like good books, you read it/ride it and then pass it on for someone else to experience. There's no harm in revisiting an "old book" a couple years later but don't be surprised if that person has passed it on to someone else or ridden that old board into the ground.

Images
    You should get in touch just to "free" them of this issue too. Maybe you get your boards back, maybe you don't, but you should let them know something.....like "thanks for keeping them so long", "glad to hear they were loved", "can't blame you for selling it", "let me get those out of your way". Something.....anything. It's not just about getting your boards back.....it's about cleaning up after yourself.

Now get on it and let us know what happens.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    It's statute, lol.
    He's only in college........ Give him time to get it right......

Images
    It never hurts to ask, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdirtymomma View Post
    It's not just about getting your boards back.....it's about cleaning up after yourself.
    Well put YDM

On the opposite end of this issue. Had a friend stash a board at my place for two years. Returned it unridden and now it's back after another two years. He hadn't ridden it at all and now "gave" it to me. What to do? Do I ride it? Baby it? He's moved inland and is unlikely to ask for it back, but I'd hate to tell him it got destroyed. What a curse. It's epoxy though, so I'm unlikely to completely destroy it.