LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wax scraps

Images

wax scraps

so i have a little ball of wax pieces that is the remains of a dozen or so bars of wax, accumulated over the last couple of years, and i'm wondering if there is an intelligent way to melt them down into a usable bar of wax, thereby diverting an additional $1.53 from my local surf shop into my own pocket....any suggestions?

yes, it's flat and i'm having a slow day, with way too much time on my hands...

Images
    i do it and it works pretty good. really messy and grey. i rather just buy wax

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    i do it and it works pretty good. really messy and grey. i rather just buy wax
    so how do you do it?

You could try putting the little wax cookies in a clean catfood can and heat 'em up with a sterno stove. Once melted, put the can in your garage fridge to cool.

Images
    put it all in a ziplock bag then put the bag in hot water until it melts together.

Maybe put it in a container of some sort, leave it in your car all day, and mold it all together by hand around three or four in the afternoon.

Images
    I made a similar thread about this a few months ago: http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...onic-overwaxer

Since then I still haven't found a better option then to just keep adding to the ever-growing wax ball.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    I made a similar thread about this a few months ago: http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...onic-overwaxer

Since then I still haven't found a better option then to just keep adding to the ever-growing wax ball.
    haha please post pictures of it

I've re heated left over wax into bars before...you need to double boil it and find a mold that is flexible. Wax usually comes out a dull grey to muddied white. I stopped after a month or so of using it and tossed the bars to friends (they didn't nearly appreciate as much as I did). Make some weird wax art or use it down to the nub...good luck.