LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    When you finally make a handle on Swellinfo after a year of lurking the forums.
    What he said.. been lurking for years and just decided to join the conversation to "feel connected to surf" ...so sad...

When you go and clean off all the wax from every board you own and clean them off till they are brand new again, and then rewax them perfectly for the next swell that has yet to hit the forecast yet.

When you inspect your leash for each board you own.

When you inspect every inch of every board for dings and start questioning if you need to buy more ding repair kits, even if you don't find anything that needs repaired.

When you wonder what a kick pad would do for your board that doesn't have or need one.

When you check the fins of each board and make sure they are safely secured.

When you inspect your roof racks to make sure they can withstand 80mph on the HWY cause you are going to make it to the coast in record time this swell (that has yet to be forecasted)

When you map quest every possible alternate route to find out if there is a shorter drive to your spot that you never thought about before after 17yrs of driving the same way.

I don't do these of course, just something I thought of....

You repeatedly browse your quiver for an appropriate board and keep pulling your 14' ... kayak?

Not to be a **** but...when youre too busy *****ing about how flat it is to realize that it was 3-4ft in VB when you started this thread and that it still is today...

When you start wondering where you could store a sup..

Quote Originally Posted by shutch View Post
    When you start wondering where you could store a sup..
    HA, i live in a townhouse and store my 12'er at the midway point of the stair case where the ceiling goes all the way up, it's fun getting it in and out of there

Not sure where the topic-starter lives but I had fun playing in the windy slop at Jennette Pier yesterday... before almost getting struck by lightning

Pick up another sport....

http://youtu.be/W0S59iyWyBE

Then you won't have a wait out the flat spell. When the surf is here, I surf. When its not, I do other things that are fun. Plus, I get to scope out the surf like a bird before choosing a spot. Comes in handy during Hurricane season, F*ck yeah!
    Last edited by fupafest; Aug 20, 2012 at 03:49 PM.

When I am at work

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    HA, i live in a townhouse and store my 12'er at the midway point of the stair case where the ceiling goes all the way up, it's fun getting it in and out of there
    Haha. I've been thinking about more floatation for some time now... I have Kayaks in South Jersey, where I keep my shortboards for the summer, but am considering an SUP for the Hudson post-hurricane season, since I live in NY.